Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

does the ground change VDI

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
does the ground change VDI
January 06, 2009 03:23AM
Does the ground change VDI? I have read where people are finding targets from 20 and up. My luck has been any target from 25-0 has been iron or foil?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: does the ground change VDI
January 06, 2009 07:17AM
LowBoy,

Saturday I was digging small round balls (.32 cal), flattened lead and buttons, (one an eagle cuff button) reading in the 20-24 range. I was also digging small pieces of brass and some trash in this same range. I think that depth, mineralization of the ground and patina on the items changes the VDI. Most of this stuff was Civil War era. This was in NE Oklahoma. GB was in the 60-70 range.
I have only had the F75 a couple of weeks so I do not have a lot of spicific data to share other than that.
Typically with my old Cz70 Pro, I would did anything foil and above on a CW site. Small lead, small buttons, and .22 bullets and casing always read as foil.

Cuniagau

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”
Re: does the ground change VDI
January 06, 2009 10:43PM
There are plenty of pewter buttons, $1 gold coins, U.S. nickel 3-Cent coins and other targets that will ID in the range of VDI 16 - 24....... and this is in an open air-test. Now..... just add bad soil.... and the VDI can be altered on these same targets.