Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

compilation#1 Tom's the man

Posted by detectorbill 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
compilation#1 Tom's the man
December 15, 2008 01:49AM
Tom,
I have only 12hrs. on the information you provided in your compilation #1, however I can tell you Disc. at 6 and mono tone at highest sens. is the correct combo to winning the masking phenominum! In a searched out park in my small community I found several small, but old bullets,in and about small iron targets and the most exciting find a 1841 half dime. The half dime was competly on edge and I passed over this target several times because the "tone" and vid were not in agreement that this was a good target. I passed over this target in disc. 6 and mono tone and it actually gave a good target signal at 6" which seems to be the "strata" ,as you speak of, at the begining of the GOOD target depth. So in conclusion this setting not only provides you the best ability to uncover the masked targets but it also seems to give you the best audio id on those iffy targets you may pass up on say the "3H" or "4H" tones on the F-70/F75.
I am a newby by most standards but this seemed to work for me and after my first half dime I had to provided my two cents worth to this INTELLEGENT metal detecting site!
Bill
Re: compilation#1 Tom's the man
December 15, 2008 10:01AM
It means a lot to me when this information helps others. Glad it helped you find that Half-Dime! And to go where many others have hunted before........ self included....... and find more good stuff, , , something must be working good.
December 15, 2008 05:41PM
I used disc = 6 and monotone for the first time at a site I know very well and can confirm that it is a good hunting mode. I was able to up the sens to 90 and the machine ran very quiet, with very few iron signals in what I know to be an iron-infested environment. Even though you are operating in monotone, the solid higher conductors sound much smoother than other signals. I had been skeptical of this mode before trying it, figuring that monotone is monotone, how can they say one signal sounds better than another? - Jim
January 20, 2009 08:11PM
What machine are ya'll refering to?
January 20, 2009 11:41PM
waynebo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What machine are ya'll refering to?

The Fisher F75 in my case. Not sure if the F70 has the same setting options.
January 21, 2009 12:08AM
I use the F-70 with the 11" DD coil. It also applies to the T2 with a slight modification on the disc. because of the expanded iron rejection settings. This is covered in Tom's compilation#1.
January 24, 2009 09:11PM
Where is this article,i can't find it,,,thanks wayne
January 24, 2009 11:03PM
It's on page 2 ; 5th from the bottom

Bill
January 25, 2009 02:36AM
Thanks Bill,wayne