Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question on F-75 settings with small coil

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question on F-75 settings with small coil
July 26, 2009 11:31PM
When running the F-75 with the small coil, 99sens disc 6 or 0, I get very little chatter when working in high iron,,,using 1 tone. Tried discrim of 15 today with 1F for tone and had very high iron chatter, but was able to hear good targets very well and found quite abit. I thought it would be less noisy with the higher discrim. Just curious as to what is going on...bottom line is that it worked very well.
Re: Question on F-75 settings with small coil
July 27, 2009 10:12PM
Hmmmmmm. Interesting results. I'd be more willing to run Disc on '0'.... and 4-tone...............or ----

monotone...and find out how low you can run Discrim before you start to hear TOO much decomposed iron.
July 28, 2009 02:23AM
Tom why 4 tone and not 4h tone

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 28, 2009 10:13PM
My few success stories with this machine is with that coil. Most places I've used it I can run 0 disc, 99 sens, 4 tone. At the moment its the only reason I keep it around.
July 29, 2009 01:29AM
LCPM,

In a relic hunt, you are not so concerned about specifically 'nickels'; rather, a more accurate audio tone in accord with conductivity of metals detected.
Do a "reset" and try it again.
July 29, 2009 02:48AM
you 'may' have iron notched..and in running a higher disc setting you may have iron notched "in". look and see if you have a partial or no slash over iron when you have the disc set AT 15. also, the audio response is more modulated in 1F than it is in 1, and I've found that it tends to be not nearly as clean audio-wise as 1 is. 2F is quite "busy" too, but over time I've learned to pretty much ignore the iron sounds, and focus on the higher tone. Got so used to it I'd probably thnik it was broken if it were quieter! Streak!