Any info on the new Garrett?
May 01, 2017 01:54PM
Announcement end of this week!
Re: Any info on the new Garrett?
May 01, 2017 02:24PM
It's a state secret! I heard you can be shot for divulging information! In all seriousness, we all have to wait until they announce it.
May 01, 2017 03:46PM
Time will tell it will I'm sure if it is high end be a good unit but if it is just another low price unit then time for us to move on...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 01, 2017 07:17PM

[www.youtube.com]

looks a whole lot like a AT series box and coil???

If that's even right..eye rolling smiley

Could it be a Souped up AT Pro?? Maybe backlight and variable tone breaks across the range Wireless phones maybe Amped up??

One thing for sure I've seen inside a AT pro and the whole detector is right behind the screen vertical board the rest of the box is just battery with lots of wasted space...

What would be nice on the AT revamp would of been batteries under arm and really small thin box on handle..1 inch thick then say 5x7 face...very doable even on current model..

With the 2500 being dropped Who knows maybe some target sizing is brought over too??

Another VLF It seems..and a hopped up AT-PRO especially with more depth could become world class easily..The unmasking of the AT series is world class..if it had depth like say F75 it COULD be THE UNIT...That's what holds the AT series back depth ..its deep but not the As DEEP as it SHOULD be..

notice the Predator looking shovel says Garrett?? Is that something new coming too??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2017 07:23PM by Keith Southern.
May 01, 2017 07:45PM
there it looks like the "AT-PRONE" lol
May 01, 2017 07:50PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> One thing for sure I've seen inside a AT pro and t
> he whole detector is right behind the screen verti
> cal board the rest of the box is just battery wit
> h lots of wasted space...
>
> What would be nice on the AT revamp would of been
> batteries under arm and really small thin box on h
> andle..1 inch thick then say 5x7 face...very doabl
> e even on current model..
>

That appears to be the case at least with a prototype

up close 3:38 to 3:46 and 11:03 to 11:14 in video

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2017 07:53PM by detectingMO.
May 01, 2017 09:15PM
Are we there yet?
May 01, 2017 09:26PM
Good to see a America made original staying in the
Game. Hope they come out with a Kick Ass machine!
May 01, 2017 10:19PM
You can rest Assured----It's gonna be DEEPER.
May 01, 2017 10:35PM
Deeper claims can be controversial though. My guess is it will come with a larger stock coil than the 8x11 size and thus that's where the extra depth will come from. If you follow the big Garrett youtube guys...Hoover Boys, etc...they are all using aftermarket large coils on their AT Pros anyway. The big 10x14 and 12x13 Mars and NEL coils are extremely popular for them. I was going to post a still shot from Bill Ladd's video but looks like the link to that video is posted above. You can see it really well at the end of the video in Bill's still pics.
May 01, 2017 10:57PM
I may Be wrong but heard they also updated the GTI ?
Man if they could improve that imaging to cut the odds down more on Gold rings that would be awesome. And give it a little more punch.
I would rather give My Money to good Ole' USA anyways
As that's were I live last time I checked.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2017 11:00PM by Harold,ILL..
May 01, 2017 11:45PM
I think they're just show an AT Pro and not the real thing.

Rick
May 02, 2017 12:20AM
There's a video by Bill ladd where you see the new machine, kinda looks like a deus rod and display but with a wire for coil.

John
May 02, 2017 05:35AM
I agree with Rick, don't think they would show the actual machine in the video.
May 02, 2017 12:34PM
SHHHHHH!!!! It's a secret!
May 02, 2017 12:40PM
This could be it.

Coil looks light. The whole detector looks very light.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2017 12:48PM by Rick, N. MI.
May 02, 2017 01:09PM
That looks like a Garrett grip for sure. See the angle?

HH
Mike
May 02, 2017 02:44PM
I wonder if it will talk to us? Will it have a bell (sound of money)? Will the arm cuff still be square like some of the other Garrett's for those of us that have square forearms? Oh I can't wait!
May 02, 2017 03:35PM
Get the impact or the deus and you will be a happy camper

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 02, 2017 03:45PM
I want any company's new machine to be awsome brand is a logo all I care about is innovation and in field results.
May 02, 2017 03:52PM
If it is infact deeper than existing vlf platforms that would be a huge innovation that has fallen flat in the industry for some time fingers crossed but I'm very sceptical
May 02, 2017 04:01PM
Could be a F44 with aftermarket coil?
May 02, 2017 04:28PM
Introducing the NEW Garrett Parrot 89000:

Features include:

All parrot green coloring!

Incredible depth...in air! Now detect the deepest air coins as possible!

All metal discrimination! Discriminate all metal targets at the same time!

Three exciting modes including all foil mode, rock discrimination mode, and aluminum only mode!

Aluminum can depth increased 400%!

Four frequencies: 13.00000 13.00001 13.00002 and 13.00009 khz!

And the newest feature: Parrot talk(tm) featuring Bill Lad! here are some exciting examples:

"It's a coppa!"

"OOHHH it's a sweet button!"

"It's a silva! A silva!"

SRP $4,999.99
May 02, 2017 05:06PM
Yes a couple weeks ago John Edmonton said a long the lines of whats in the video doesn't necessarily mean its the actual unit..

Does look nice and light....and that box was what i see even the AT PRO as it is now being able to fit into ...ites really that small of a board inside the huge housing they use..

under armrest does look a little wider in the rod towards rear maybe for battery's..

I see the connectors on the box look small PROPRIETARY maybe...For waterproofness ??

Got to admit it looks Good and Lite.

Even If its just a AT PRO lightened up and a little extra juice it will sell a million....

I know I would buy one to have around for water work and yearly beach trips rainy days and iron work with small coil...I used a AT-Pro in the ocean last year ran great...And a AT series is awesome in iron with that 5x8 installed.

Still to this day I say the AT-PRO has the best target lock in iron on a good non ferrous target of any unit if ever ran..a coin or button just locks up on the ID very very accurate..something to be said for that KNOW HOW Garrett put into the AT...and the Audio is very telling in iron on non ferrous if you listen close to the rolling tones..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 02, 2017 06:38PM
I agree with Keith, the proportional audio of the AT series detectors in iron have some of the best un masking abilities in the industry. I Prefer the AT gold over the Pro but everyone's tastes are different. If the is truly an AT series detector with more depth and features than I will probably sell my AT Gold and get it. If it's selectable frequency than game change for sure. Can you imagine an AT with 15 khz 18 and 25khz or more? Would be selling a lot of machines.lol
May 02, 2017 06:43PM
The selectable single frequency units are getting to be a dime a dozen. I'd prefer a good multi-frequency unit that would compete with the Minelab coin units.

HH
Mike
May 02, 2017 06:48PM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> The selectable single frequency units are getting
> to be a dime a dozen. I'd prefer a good multi-fr
> equency unit that would compete with the Minelab c
> oin units.
>
> HH
> Mike

Amen to that Mike
May 02, 2017 07:39PM
I bet it's alot better to swing in the water. I hunt in current and the bulbous control pod of the pro makes a lot of drag.
May 02, 2017 09:00PM
Amen, Mike Hillis. The A T really does have great audio. A little lighter, easier coil connection and do away with the need for a head phone adapter and add another couple inches of depth and it would be a killer. HH jim tn
May 02, 2017 09:33PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> You can rest Assured----It's gonna be DEEPER.

This was said with tongue in cheek!!!!!!!!!
Didn't Steve just give us a tutorial on "DEEPER" ????