Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Testing the LTD

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Testing the LTD
October 25, 2009 06:16AM
Well had to work today but had to do more testing also on the LTD..hit a place that I got nothing at last week.One thing I noticed was that last week we had a bad storm that dumped about 4 inches of rain and in the gold country wet ground and the F75 and wet soil don't do to well! So here goes a very honest opinion. The BP mode for me is just another enhancement that makes the F75 a better machine. It is a way of giving you a heads up on targets that are hiding in the ground. The area I hit today has been gone over with two F75 and a CZ3D. I pulled out in two years a lot of relics, old coins, buttons dating back to 1895 rings and so on..Today a few of the targets I hit were because of the BP mode and the way it elongates the sound.

No the LTD is not going to find you everything but it is the next step in finding those fringe targets the DE mode missed. Also the air gap is about five inches and how that helps me is detecting in weeds or high grass or dead growth that will keep the coil from scrubbing the ground...I had that happen to me today on a dime I could rise the coil about 4 to 5 inches off the ground and get a loud clear tone go into DE mode and the tone is gone.

I also wonder if the BP mode widens the DD signal so you pick up more targets like trash. That may be why in an area with trash the BP mode just chatters but you can back down the sens and stabilize it. I was hunting in a disc of 15 and a sens of 60 and the machine was tame enough for me to think about what I was doing. I read where NASA Tom said when you do that you lose the advantage of the BP mode but today that was not the case in Calif ground.

The LTD can really help you...or should I say assist you in finding the targets the DE mode will miss! When the DE mode gives you a broken or stutter sound the BP mode gives you a better louder tone. Is it worth the price...well for those of us that are in love with the hobby and love finding lost history and we want to find and save that history before it is lost forever. Then yes it is worth the price because you never know when BP will come in handy and it is another tool for the advancement of the F75. It really can make a difference and that is enough for me. The machine in BP mode does seem to handle a bit differently then the DE mode and the machine has a cleaner sound so you can really hear the soil talking to you.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Testing the LTD
October 31, 2009 07:19AM
LCPM......glad to see that you are starting to find more perf with the Ltd vs. the orig F75. You'll notice that you will start to tolerate, then learn....then mentally recalibrate,,,, then appreciate higher boost performance whilst using the new modes. I found that it took a bit of time for my brain to 'mentally tune out' the unwanted noises......and focus on the targets the detector was reporting.

As far as a wider footprint......no,,,,, it's still the E-DD coil it has always been......which dictates the EM footprint. The slower process modes is what gives longer audio responses to what ever detectable target is under the coil.