Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can someone comment on the 10 inch concentric coil for the F-75?

Posted by christopher-ohio 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Can someone comment on the 10 inch concentric coil for the F-75?
February 10, 2010 04:17PM
I looked for info on this on here and other forums without much success. I was just wondering about this coil for coin hunting regarding bottle caps and pinointing versus the 11 stock DD coil. Thank you in advance smiling smiley
Re: Can someone comment on the 10 inch concentric coil for the F-75?
February 10, 2010 05:38PM
Pinpointing is fine, but I'm not sure it's any better on bottle caps. Last weekend I spent a day using the little concentric football coil on my F75 LTD in boost mode, and it worked great on coins, but the F75 LTD still had an affinity for bottlecaps. Yes sometimes their bouncy, but so are coins, so even though many times I called the target as a cap, I still ended up digging it not wanting to pass a potential keeper. Sometimes they lock on with a solid TID.

I would really like to see Fisher work on a better program for vetting out bottlecaps in their next release of detectors (I hear the T2 does a great job on bottlecaps?).
February 11, 2010 01:54AM
Yes, the 10" elliptical concentric coil is a bit better (but not perfect) with steel bottlecap ID. It is also approx 1.5" less capable on a dime..........with the 11" x 7" elliptical DD coil taking the lead.
February 11, 2010 10:57AM
In my testing, in my dirt, I found the 10" concentric to have a little less depth and no improvement on bottle cap rejection compared to the 11" DD. My little 3x7 gives an improved (really degraded) audio signal over bottle caps compared to the 10" concentric, therefore the advantage using the 10" concentric is lost.
settings for a newbie with a f-75 .
February 13, 2010 02:13AM
just got a f-75 coming in about a week from now.whats a good setting to start with the f-75?could use any kind of feedback on this f-75.would appreciate three settings to start with until i get the hang of this machine.thank you.
semperfi61@suddenlink.net
Re: settings for a newbie with a f-75 .
February 13, 2010 04:11AM
I would start out slow maybe 6-19 on disc. A sens of say 62-79. I would use two tone and don't worry about the noise just the two tone look at your meter and if you are relic hunting dig from 20-90s.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: settings for a newbie with a f-75 .
February 13, 2010 11:30AM
Disc '6'
Sens '60'
4-tones
'pf' or 'de' mode

As experience goes up.........start bringing up the Sens. -- Then, later.....drop Disc to '4'.
February 16, 2010 11:07PM
I had a lot better id of bottlecaps in Montana and the Dakotas with the concentric coil over the DD stock coil on bottlecaps.I have yet to dig a bottle cap with the concentric coil.With the 11X7 DD stock coil bottlecaps ided as quarters.Not so with the concentric coil.I had fairly mineralized soil out there.
February 17, 2010 12:08AM
Bill......that is correct.