Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Great Video Tom

Posted by dgc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
dgc
Great Video Tom
February 17, 2010 09:25AM
Received the Inland Coin and Relic Huning video today and watched it for the first time tonight. It was great to watch and hear a detector's response in the many situations you included on the video. Very comprehensive. Until now I have only been able to incorporate the experience of others into my techniques by reading and following their advice. Being able to actually watch and listen is invaluable.

Some other specific things that should help me:
o On the new detectors it appears the sound of a good coin target is more sharp and crisp. On my old 1980s vintage detector I was listening for a broad, smooth response. So I've got to retrain my ears to some degree.

o The double response of an "on edge" target is something I've probably dismissed as the broken response of a trash target in the past.

o Use of the edge of the coil as a pinpointer.

o Technique of sliding a coin into the side of a test garden hole to keep undisturbed ground above it.

o The advantage of hunting in 0 disc so that you know all you can about the amount and potential impact of adjacent trash.

0 Sweep speed. I need to set up some in ground tests with adjacent trash to insure I know the best sweep speed for my F75 LTD in bP and the other original modes.

0 Use of manual ground balance to get as close to a null as possible when the coil is moved vertically.

Thanks again. Definitely got my money's worth. I'll be watching this video several more times I'm sure.
Re: Great Video Tom
February 18, 2010 01:38AM
THANKS for this important feedback. Glad you enjoyed the DVD. When you watch it again.....let me know if you 'pick up' any new pointers. If you do.... I may need to focus more emphasis on certain things in the future.