Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
March 14, 2010 05:38AM
I just went out last week for the first time with the 8000 shot a video...I love this machine with the 11DD coil I have been looking for a backup to the LTD and have tried and bought a few detectors that I had to sell..the 8000 can hold its own and can hunt in iron and does a great job at unmasking...This machine is fast and deep and light. It is so much bang for the buck. I have not used my LTD since I got the 8000...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: 80000
March 14, 2010 03:07PM
For relic hunting...........if I could not have another LTD for a back-up unit...........the Omega 8000 would be my choice.
March 14, 2010 05:51PM
It loves brass and copper and silver and clad. No machine is perfect but to find a backup that you trust is a great boost for me.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

March 17, 2010 11:29AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For relic hunting...........if I could not have
> another LTD for a back-up unit...........the Omega
> 8000 would be my choice. FOR RELIC HUNTING? WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS OF THE 2 FOR COIN HUNTING? THANKS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 11:30AM by sonny(IN).
March 17, 2010 03:49PM
For me the different freq seems to hit harder on coins on the 8000 where on the LTD on multy tone the target may sound broken up in my ground. But I dig those targets on the LTD and I find some cool old coins that way. I would use the 8000 more at parks if I can go back and hunt I would always start with one detector and finish with another.

But the 8000 with the 11DD has turned out to be a great relic backup to the LTD and EMI has not effected my unit. I can run it hot real hot and it likes brass and copper.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]