Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 and PF mode, not just for the farm field.

Posted by TreasurdiggrNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 and PF mode, not just for the farm field.
April 26, 2010 11:21AM
I was out at an old park here in NYC and the clad was piling up good but the silver was eluding me. I decided to hit some of the "off the beaten path" areas. I ended up in a spot that had a lot of downed branches and a good bit of leaf litter. Don't know exactly how PF mode works but it worked for me. PF mode, sensitivity 85, disc 6, tones 3, notch 1. All the silver including the ring and the '05 IH were found that way. Got lucky with the IH though, it was right next to a dug merc and gave a mid tone.

Re: F75 and PF mode, not just for the farm field.
April 26, 2010 01:11PM
Totally awesome.
Did you recheck any of the targets in DE mode?
April 26, 2010 02:16PM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Totally awesome.
> Did you recheck any of the targets in DE mode?

I didn't recheck them, dang what a missed opportunity and great idea. Going back there very soon, I'll try the comparison.
TDNY
April 26, 2010 02:33PM
You know I tend to do the same thing.
I get caught up in the moment of digging and forget to try different settings until later.
April 26, 2010 04:53PM
Beautiful ring. Interested to hear more about advantages to find silver.

Here's a reference I have on my wish list.

[www.ringlore.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2010 04:55PM by jamt225.
April 26, 2010 10:42PM
Nice....are they opals surrounding a cats-eye in that ring ?
April 26, 2010 11:00PM
If you are in 3-tone...........the Indian will naturally read as a 'mid-tone'. This is why the 4-tone option is important.
April 26, 2010 11:35PM
Nice finds Diggr. Indian heads are always cool and the ring is sharp looking. Hit that spot again !
April 27, 2010 12:16AM
markg Wrote:
> You know I tend to do the same thing.
> I get caught up in the moment of digging and
> forget to try different settings until later.

That's what happened with me Mark. I was hunting the park all day finding nothing but clad and then at this last spot I went off the beaten path, switched to PF mode and hunted in the thick sticks and deep leaves. Got the first silver merc and I was in la la land. LOL

jamt225 Wrote:
> Beautiful ring. Interested to hear more about
> advantages to find silver.
>
> Here's a reference I have on my wish list.
>
> [www.ringlore.net]

Hey jamt225 I'll post up what I find on this as far as DE and PF in the sticks and leaf litter.

ozzie Wrote:
> Nice....are they opals surrounding a cats-eye in
> that ring ?

Thanks ozzie, Nice opals with a lot of colors when any light hits them, I don't know what the middle stone is, it is purple colored with a whitish ribbon going thru it.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
> If you are in 3-tone...........the Indian will
> naturally read as a 'mid-tone'. This is why the
> 4-tone option is important.

Thanks for that tip Tom I will try that. I tried 4H earlier in the day at this park but the trash galore here made it too much to bear. I will check out 4 tone though since this park has some really nice old potential.

therover61 Wrote:
> Nice finds Diggr. Indian heads are always cool and
> the ring is sharp looking. Hit that spot again !

Thanks therover61, planned to hit again soon, good luck to you.
April 27, 2010 04:00AM
DID you have the LTD in PF mode?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 27, 2010 12:45PM
Back when I was first testing the LTD, one of the static tests I did was to place some various sized/shaped iron objects in various proximities to coins, rings, bullets and other "good" targets on top of the ground. I tested the LTD, the Legacy 75, and quite a few other brand/models over these simulated target situations and took the time to try all modes available and at different adjustment settings. Long story short, the PF and the CL consistantly (with the correct sweep speed of course) would yield various degrees of unmasking that the others wouldn't more often than not. This is not to imply one should only hunt in these modes but is to say they should be recognized for this potential and perhaps tried sometime or another at good producing sites where masking occuring.
April 27, 2010 01:16PM
Please explain in greater detail as to why PF and CL would be the advantage in masking.
Thanks
PM sent Mark.
April 27, 2010 03:17PM
April 27, 2010 03:20PM
Please explaine your findings to us!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

I wish I really could, Lorenzo....
April 27, 2010 04:26PM
Rather than re-write my reply again, here's what I sent to Mark.

HI Mark,
I am the veritable "Grasshopper" when it comes to circuit design and how that corellates to certain or particular aspects of performance. So I really don't know much other than those two modes are better suited (and require) slower sweep speeds and probably as such, they have a better ability to see the good amongst that bad while using those abnormally slow (for FT detectors) sweeps. Actually, I don't even have a way to know for sure that someone else may see the same thing.....I just know I did. Hopefully Dave and or Tom can deliver your complete answer.
take care,
Brad
April 27, 2010 07:21PM
Thanks BuckeyeBrad, I have several such sites to try the PF mode at. There is iron mixed at different depths and I've always felt I was missing something. I had been hunting in DE, sens 90 disc 0 and 4H, but still feel there should be something else there. Thanks again for taking the time to share this information.

Hopefully my new black LTD will be here by mid to late summer and at that time I'll return to my so called hunted out sites.

Now I do have a very good competitor to hunt with. One of my buddies has the V3 and to be honest I think it might be just a little bit deeper than my F75.
Now ya got my curiosity up...
April 27, 2010 08:47PM
What preset or variation thereof is he using that seems to get more depth than your detector?
Re: Now ya got my curiosity up...
April 28, 2010 12:49AM
He mentioned three things that he had changed.
He ground balanced and then turn off the auto tracking.
Increased the signal going into the ground.
He set up 4 different tones for different targets. He liked how my F75 had 4 tones so I think he set his up like mine.
I'll ask for sure and let you know soon.
Re: I wish I really could, Lorenzo....
April 28, 2010 01:09AM
Thank you sir.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

April 28, 2010 01:36AM
I was just curious if it was "Relic", "Deep Silver" or what. That'll tell me if it was a single freq mode or not. I would suspect it was. smiling smiley
April 28, 2010 02:57AM
Brad,

Did you mean to say 'bp' and 'cl' mode....................vs.....................'pf' and 'cl' mode? It is the 'bp' and 'cl' mode that have a greater sampling rate...........vs............ any of the original F75 processes; subsequently leading to better unmasking capabilities ..... specifically for the 'bp' mode.
No typo Tom...
April 28, 2010 06:52AM
PF (on both the regular and LTD) and CL on the LTD. It surprised me too.
April 28, 2010 11:47AM
More detailed settings to follow. Fred and I are up to hunt on Thursday and I'll fill everyone in on his settings.

markg Wrote:
> He mentioned three things that he had changed.
> He ground balanced and then turn off the auto
> tracking.
> Increased the signal going into the ground.
> He set up 4 different tones for different targets.
> He liked how my F75 had 4 tones so I think he set
> his up like mine.
> I'll ask for sure and let you know soon.
April 28, 2010 12:37PM
BuckeyeBrad Wrote:
> I was just curious if it was "Relic", "Deep
> Silver" or what. That'll tell me if it was a
> single freq mode or not. I would suspect it was.
> smiling smiley

These were what I call deep coins compared to what I usually dig. All of the silver dimes we compared were between 7 and 9 inches deep. Two of these targets vanished after removing the plug. Knowing this is fairly common for the area we continued to dig until the silver came to light. His V uses three frequencies too.