Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ 6 Vs CZ 3D

Posted by picdigsVa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ 6 Vs CZ 3D
May 12, 2010 02:14PM
What are the differences between the CZ 6 Quicksilver & the CZ 3D ? Besides the CZ 6 being weatherproof.
Re: CZ 6 Vs CZ 3D
May 12, 2010 05:52PM
The 3D can use the coils from the other CZ's (6a, 7a, 70) whereas the 6 cannot. The 3D has the enhanced mode for bringing certain older coins and gold targets up into the high tone, and has 4 tones vs 3 as well as a different segmented meter. I think it may ba a bit lighter due to a different case...I have a 6a as well as a 3D and the difference is weight is minimal.

There are certain places where I hunt where the 3D shines...places not too littered with trash that are older. Also, for beach hunting, it has a mid-low tone for foil only, so if you wanted to only dig the foil tone (where some lighter engagment type rings fall into) and high tone hits for coins and leave the tab tones (mid tone) alone, you can ,where as on the 6, foil as well as tabs all hit as mid tone. There is not at separate tone on the 6 for foil. On the beach, I dig all tones except the low iron tone, so I don't use that feature, but you can if you don't have much time to hunt and only want to concentrate on certain targets.

Hope this helps.
May 12, 2010 08:55PM
If you have the time.....you can read the 2 articles about the CZ-3D on the home-page of this web-site. You will find them under the 'Fisher Intelligence' tab.
May 12, 2010 09:41PM
To cover all bases..CZ6 manufactured in 92-93......don't know exact date but CZ3D came out around 2004 so CZ6 is approximately 10-15 years older depending when you bought your CZ3D....read Tom's mentioned articles to better understand the workings of the CZ3D......