Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I have the 6" elliptical for my F75 tell me why I need the 5"DD

Posted by TreasurdiggrNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I have the 6" elliptical for my F75 tell me why I need the 5"DD
June 06, 2010 09:21PM
Just curious what the difference is.
Re: I have the 6" elliptical for my F75 tell me why I need the 5"DD
June 07, 2010 04:29AM
hello there...
-Stay by your coil, and learn as much as you can from the way it talks to you in heavy iron thrash --try to use low disc,
and try to avoid using notch. Power down to sens 29 or even lower -- the see through ability of the F is still working nicely
even at low revs. I have both coils,- but the elliptic stays glued on for 95% of the total searching time ------- another tip that seems to work is this; - try use the straight 4 tone adj. or the DP. If you detect most of the time in shifting dirt conditions-try the PF adj. If EMI. is moderate to no existent you may power up the beast towards max, -- keep an eye on the FE scale and
confidence meter.
To conclude I find the elliptic to be a lot better in the department of correct ID of steel bottle caps,small silver coins and
small silver or gold jewellry.
The digits and the tones just seem to work better when I use the elliptic in my type of dirt and with my type of hunting.
happy hunting and good luck
trond

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 04:30AM by trond.
June 07, 2010 03:32PM
I hunt the other way 5DD sens as high as I can go bp mode and a disc of 0-6. In my ground that coil and that setting works for me. I see from Tom's video he uses the 11DD no mater what.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 07, 2010 11:43PM
Thanks trond and Lowboy, I should have posted my settings. I'm able to run in JE mode sens 95, notch 1 (I've never tried any other notch setting) with 0 disc and 4 tones. After a while it gets too much and I switch over to 3 tones. I'm making some nice finds, I'm extremely happy with the depth of the 6". I was just wondering if the 5" would be better here in NYC, the parks are really trashy, really trashy.
Thanks for the help and advice once again.
TDNY
June 08, 2010 03:16AM
I tried the six inch and then the 5DD on some trash and iron sights. The 5DD has more depth and more control and is faster for me.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 08, 2010 03:49AM
I like the six inch as a pinpointer. I can ease it down and around the hole to find my targets. I have used both but have been using the five most of the time lately.
They both hit pretty hard and go deeper than you would think. One guy told me it was like painting an aircraft carrier with a toothpick. Got to slow down and overlap if you want to find the goodies.
June 08, 2010 09:44PM
The 5" DD has a much smaller EM footprint.