Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

cz3d headphones?

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
cz3d headphones?
June 08, 2010 02:59AM
i have a cz3d and when trying to use the same headphones that i use for my f75 the audio of the cz3d is present but obviously degraded/weak. these headphones work with all of my detectors except for the 3d. anyone know why??? what is the exact impedence or other requirements to look for when buying headphones for the 3d??
thanks.
Re: cz3d headphones?
June 08, 2010 09:41PM
Volume will be weak/reduced ... if they are NOT stereo. The CZ requires stereo. If they are loud on the F75..........they should be loud on the CZ. There should be no difference.
June 09, 2010 01:19AM
tom, i am not sure if headphones are stereo? i am comparing the audio level/loudness to my f75 and my cz20 with stock headphones. the loudness of the cz3d is very weak compared to my other detectors! the volume knob will adjust the level at what seems to be a normal span! but the loudness at max volume setting is about 1/4 to 1/2 the level of my f75,cz20 and 3300.
if it is not the headphones, is there a volume adjustment potentiometer inside the unit????
June 10, 2010 01:13AM
Are the headphones 1/8" stereo jack..........or the 1/4" stereo jack? .......It is a common mistake (and not easily caught) where the headphones are 1/8" stereo jack....that has the plug-in jack adapter of 1/8" to 1/4" stereo jack adapter.............AND THE CONVERSION JACK IS "STEREO TO MONO".

If the headphone jack is already a 1/4" jack (without any adapter)...... look for 2 black bands on the jack/plug. There will be 2 black bands....and 3 gold metal parts (obviously seperated by the 2 black bands). This is a 'stereo' jack system. xxx If there is only one black band with two gold metal parts......this would be a mono system.

Do any other headphones work (loudly) in your CZ?
June 10, 2010 02:44AM
thanks tom, the headphone jack(1/4) has the two black bands seperated by three metal segments(not gold).
the other headphones that i have are 1/8(gold) jack and using a 1/8 to 1/4(silver not gold) adapter(two black bands three metal segments (silver not gold).

"do any other headphones work loudly"..........no.
June 10, 2010 10:45AM
In your house..............do you have a tuner/receiver stereo that you can try these headphones..............and see that both ear pieces work in 'stereo'?

......Most headphones in a CZ are fairly loud..............unless the phones are 'mono' only. In this case, there is usually no audio at all.......or severely reduced volume. Can you try different headphone(s) in your CZ?
June 11, 2010 02:12AM
tom , the only stereo i have uses a 1/8 jack. my headphones with the 1/8 jack plugged in to the stereo work properly(in stereo)
i have tried two different headphones and i believe both headphones are working properly and the cz is not. your description of mono headphones being used with a cz3d causing very weak volume level is exactly how my cz is acting. the bell tone even seems to come through weaker than the normal tones and i know thats not normal!! without headphones, things seem normal.
i think i will open the cz up and see if the solder connections are good. do you think it could be a bad connection or is it more likely a bad chip or a pot adjustment???????
June 12, 2010 11:22AM
Before you go into the detector...........can you try a different pair of headphones in the CZ-3D and see if you incur the exact same problem (of reduced audio output)?