Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom. A comparison question F75 LTD vs T2

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom. A comparison question F75 LTD vs T2
June 15, 2010 06:12PM
I would ask comparing the F75 LTD to the T2 LTD but I don't have a T2 LTD. I do have an F75 LTD and a T2 (and an Omega in transit), going to get either a GBSE or a G2... so ..

I have read about getting more from the F75 LTD by loowering the Disc to 0 and running BP (IIRC). I may not have all the particulars correct but in any case I don't think it impacts my question but it is the premise for the question.

Question: How does the T2 running in 1-tone; disc=0; sens=99 compare to the F75 LTD running in BP; 1-tone; disc=0; and sens as high as practical?
i know there will be a difference in depth and in good tones that come from deep targets, I know that the F-LTD will win that contest. My question is regarding targets in the normal 4 to 8 inch range. In your testing how do you think these two machines compare on masked targets in those mid depth ranges? Does the F75 LTD only hold an advantage at the edge of detection depth or is it better at any depth.

I the stock 11" coils and the 4.75" coils for both and am impressed with all of them. I may have posted this before but when I first got the F75 LTD I went to a place in Kennesaw called Brushy Mountain, you may have been there before... most everyone else has at one time or another. I drove up by the powerlines, up to the ridge in the back where a subdivision was going to be built before the bust. Now it is just roads and underground utilities with the high tension powerlines maybe 50 yds away. I put the small coil on the F75 LTD, Fastgrab; BP; sens=99; disc=0. The thing was so quiet that several times I was not sure it was working and would wave my "ground shark" about 3' abover the coil... it would scream. I found several shotgun brass that could have as well been CW buttons, this about 20' from the underground utilities. I could also run it like that on the gravel road that GA Power uses to service the powerlines. I suppose they may have been not transmitting but I think that they probably were. I was amazed at that... but it doesn't mean anything to my question. I just wanted to share it.

So... what do you think. Also if you can how do you think the Omega will compare in that scenario, and the T2 LTD, I may decide later to swap the F75 LTD for a T2 LTD, not sure. I am beginning to think that the Omega/GB combo is going to make several of my detectors obsolete.

Thanks Tom... sorry so wordy,

Julien
Re: Tom. A comparison question F75 LTD vs T2
June 16, 2010 11:36AM
The F75 LTD in boosted mode vs standard T2.........for mid-depth targets. If the targets are dime-sized........there will be very little difference in performance between these two units. Even in partially masked scenarios. Both units present the exact same electromagnetic footprint.....as they both run the exact same coil (although not interchangeable). There may be some very minute' differences; but not enough for human ears to discern. This is to include the entire conductivity spectrum also.
NOW...............where you will see a large difference between these two detectors is: If the targets are very small. Cuff-sized buttons and smaller. U.S. One dollar gold coins and smaller. Necklace pendents/charms and smaller. .22 Short and .22 Long Rifle projectiles (29-grain & 40-grain respectively).....and smaller. Many of these targets at around 6" or 7" (in real dirt) are completely undetectable to the T2. For the F75 LTD........these give the appearance of being somewhat 'large' targets.....and the audio report will still be very loud/solid. This is primarily due to the attributes of the 'boost process'.
Now............enter a 'boost process' T2..........the T2 LTD........and the gap/differential narrows.

As far as the Omega.........it's a bit of a different operating platform..........but still somewhat apples-to-apples. In general.........in a nutshell............the Omega is just shy of the performance of a standard T2. It may have some slight attributes on higher conductors over the T2......but not that noticeable.

The new Gold Bug and Tek G2. We'll just have to wait and see.
June 16, 2010 02:50PM
Thanks Tom. I was considering the sale of my F75 LTD but I will re-think it. I really do like it. I am going to try it at an iron infested site today that I hunted to death over a couple of years. I don't find much there any more. First Ihunted it with a SovereignGT, then a T2, then a Tejon, an ExplorerSE, E-TRAC, snd finally some with the V3 but I haven't found anything with the V3... when I got the 5" coil for the T2 (just before I got the F75 LTD) I took it over there and immediately found a small cal solid base CW bullet using that small coil. I will try both coils and BP... I am not sure about disc=0 and 1 tone... but I will try it. There are tons of cut square nails.

Maybe i'll have a good report later.

Thanks again,

Julien
June 16, 2010 03:28PM
On the LTD it should be disc 6 and 1 tone or disc 0 4F tone while in BP mode.

Don't see how a person could run disc 0 and mono tone because you would hear everything the same. I think if you'll find his compilations and read them you can see the difference.
June 17, 2010 01:08AM
Mark,

Thanks for reclarifying this.
June 17, 2010 03:34PM
I didn't do well with either the T2 or the F75 LTD yesterday... but I have REALLY cleaned this place out. It still has loads of square nails and I accidentally dug a small piece of lead chasing a coin signal... that turned out elusive. I only found that and a small brass handle from a dresser both with the E-TRAC and 8x6 coil. I checked with the other machines and didn't get a good signal and I didn't get a signal with the 11" PRO coil either.

Oh well...

Mark... in your post above did you mean 2F or 4 tones on the LTD in BP?

Julien