Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

14 day cycle

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
14 day cycle
June 18, 2010 03:08PM
After watching your beach DVD I've go one question.
Would delta tides be when the moon is full?
If so, would the delta tides, be so many days before full moon and so many days after full moon?
Or how would that work?
Re: 14 day cycle
June 18, 2010 04:09PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but a good tide predicting program or site may help many of us. The best program I've used was the for Palm Pilot (remember those?) and was called Tide Tool. I highly recommend if you still have Palm to download and use that one. It had charts, graphs of tide cycles, and moon phases, along with lots of tide locations. It would give you the info you asked for and much more.
Having said that the only useful one I've found thus far outside of going to a tide - surf site would be JTides (freeware, [www.arachnoid.com]). Not the author, just a user. It may take you a little while to find a local tide location and set it up (I recommend your search for one close to you) but once you do, it's a handy chart/graph program to look way ahead and plan those minus low tide night hunts. That's why I like most about having a program handy. You don't have to go online to check the tides, just check the program and update it when they becomes available. It does require Java, but most people have that installed these days.
If anyone knows of another tide program they would recommend (preferably free) please let us know.
Re: 14 day cycle
June 19, 2010 03:17AM
Full moon.............and no moon are the two best times. You can hunt a couple of days just before the full moon or no moon also. Shortly after a full moon/no moon............a natural sand bar moves in.....and starts to cover things up.