Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does anyone know anything about the Ebay seller who has the O-8000s on sale?

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Does anyone know anything about the Ebay seller who has the O-8000s on sale?
June 12, 2010 06:09PM
considering all the talk about fakes etc I am cautious but I am looking for a good deal on an Omega-8000. The seller is in Texas and is selling O-8000s with both the 10" and 11" coils for 499.00 OBO.

I ain't putting a link for one of his auctions, I don't know if that would be OK or not but all you have to do is search Teknetics on Ebay and you'll see them.

Also, this ain't no spam, I am in GA and have nothing to do with the seller... I just want to know if anyone knows this seller or if the units are "the real thing". It says that they are new in the box, I guess they could be refurbs and I don't think i'd have a problem with that. That would just mean that they have been looked over at the factory I guess, and I think that would probably be a good thing.. It says that they have a full factory warranty... but I don't know why anyone would make that a selling point since all new detectors obviously have a factory warranty.

I am just feeling a little unsure and I don't know how to get in touch with Dave Johnson to ask him.

According to the auction the seller is [www.accuratemetaldetectors.com] ... maybe they are just dropping Teknetics and clearing the inventory. They look legit enough on their website.

Has there been different versions of the Omega? It looks like the auctions are for Omega 8000 1 models, does the "1" mean anything?

Thanks for any info.

Julien
Accurate Metal Detectors is a super dealer...
June 12, 2010 06:25PM
I bought a new X-Terra 505 from them. Great personal customer service. I highly recommend them. Good guys....great deal on the Omega 8000...don't wait and don't worry smiling smiley
Re: Accurate Metal Detectors is a super dealer...
June 12, 2010 06:37PM
Thanks Christopher... it is a done deal! 499 BIN free shipping. I'll let you know when I get it. Thanks again for the info!! I think I am about to have a detector "fire sale", i've got too many.

Julien

PS, I have Tom's DVD coming too, can't wait to watch it.
June 13, 2010 01:22AM
In addendum........there is only one version of the Tek Omega 8000.
June 13, 2010 03:23PM
Thanks Tom.
I just found this on the Kellyco site regarding "versions"...
June 13, 2010 03:30PM
There are pictures on the Kellyco site regarding this-I don't know if this just pertains to earlier models-Alpha, etc...and not the Omega which is probably the case

Teknetics Metal Detector Accessories
Metal Detecting Accessories for Delta, Gamma, Alpha, and Omega
Search Coils Carry Bags Digging Tools Headphones Misc Share this content with others!

Search Coils
Changing the search coil on your metal detector is the next best thing to buying a whole new machine! Most metal detectors come with a standard search coil that is good for general use – finding the broadest range of targets in the broadest range of environments. But search coils come in all shapes and sizes, and it's possible that merely changing the coil on your detector will lead you to a host of new targets in that “hunted out” area. Kellyco proudly hosts the most complete list of additional search coils on the internet with selections available for every major brand.

Version 1

(click to enlarge)Notice: In order for us to ship you the correct search coil for your Delta, Gamma and Omega metal detector we need to know what type connector your current detectors has. Please study the two pictures shown. Is it the push-in type shown in Version 1 or the screw-in metal type shown in Version 2?
After determining your Version type, please indicate the Version number on the "Delivery Information page" in the "add comments about your order" box when checking out through the shopping cart. If ordering a new Teknetics Delta,Gamma or Omega along with an optional search coil we will see that you get sent the correct coil.
Version 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 04:01PM by christopher-ohio.
Re: I just found this on the Kellyco site regarding "versions"...
June 13, 2010 04:24PM
Hmmm, well I guess if it is any sort of problem I can always send it to FT to be refitted even if I have to pay a little. I hope it is the screw on. Thanks for the info.

J
June 13, 2010 05:22PM
I took another look at the auctions and they look like they are the new Omegas. I also found a blog post by Dave that said the LApha nad Gamma had push on coil adapters like the F-5 but with the Omega it would be a screw on and the A & D would be switched to a screw on and have an added headphone jack. Originally, it seems, they came with a 1/8" jack. According to the blog post they now have both a 1/8th and 1.4" jack. Is that correct? I guess Ishould send a note to Ron and check it out.

J
June 14, 2010 11:15AM
Hmmmm. I was always under the impression the Omega always had the threaded coil connector.
Re: Does anyone know anything about the Ebay seller who has the O-8000s on sale?
June 20, 2010 03:34PM
how do you like the omega? I am up here in western North Dakota for the summer and I see a lot more old buildings than I find on the coast in florida. So I was thinking about getting the omega.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2010 03:50PM by seb1008.
Re: Does anyone know anything about the Ebay seller who has the O-8000s on sale?
June 20, 2010 04:11PM
So far Ilike it. I need to get out to a place with a few more targets. It seems fine though.

J