Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I like the larger coils for 3D

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I like the larger coils for 3D
July 28, 2010 02:00AM
I got the 5" coil two weeks ago and I found I perfer the 8" even in a trashy area. I have a 4" coil on my uMax and it takes care of that area well up to 5". The 5" does allow you to "trace" the target to judge size. Getting better with the 8" coil on tracing and telling trash. I got the 10.5 coil and P Pointing is a breeze. I just use the center of the X on the coil. I wear my control head on a belt so all coils are light. Cant wait to use it on a beach. Do I need to have the 3D "tuned" to work with all 3 coils and if so who could tune it. Would like to have it tuned for max depth on the 8 and 10.5 as I want to use this as my deep go to machine for coins and skip all but the old parks and homes. Thanks for looking.
Re: I like the larger coils for 3D
July 28, 2010 09:24PM
If each coil is slightly different from one another..............you could not tune the detector to be 'opitmal' for all three coils. I'd venture to say the 8" and 10.5" coils are extremely 'impedence' similar.........but the 5" coil may be a little off. (It's common).
July 29, 2010 01:18AM
Good to hear. I will probably stick to the 8" and use the 10.5 for beach.
July 29, 2010 01:31AM
Correct choices.