Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

#s Lock on VID

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
#s Lock on VID
July 28, 2010 03:11AM
I hear people say wow my machine locks on silver. Lets compare my CZ70 to my F75
The CZ has 7 segment ID or icons .The F75 has a scale of 1 - 99.
The CZ coin segment will hit a wheat, a silver dime ,silver quarter and a large cent all on the same segment.
The F75 ID for wheat is 65 silver dime 76 silver quarter 84 and LG cent 88 So does the F75 lock on silver ?
Well if the wheat at 65 - 88 the large cent, was one segment all that silver between would be a lock.
The F75 gives more info, good or bad.
I hit a #88 with the F75 and had a smile before i dug it .Would i dig it with CZ , you bet.
Just would have had the smile after i dug it HH Mike.
Re: #s Lock on VID
July 28, 2010 09:34PM
I think the question would be: What are the F75 ID numbers with the coins at 10" - 12"? This is where you will see some "ID jump".
July 29, 2010 03:15PM
Even know the numbers may jump and they do..l always look to see where the start and end and repeat of the vdi readout is. The LTD is not perfect but when relic hunting any iffy target and iffy VDI # I dig. The CZ3 and other CZ lock in on the segment and I have had a lot of the CZ in my years of hunting and still like the LTD. It may be an iffy target but the LTD see tergets the others seem to miss.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 03:26AM by Lawrenzo.
July 29, 2010 06:12PM
Thats the thing. If coming from a detector whih 5 or 7 segments and going to a 1 - 99 scale
and expect to hit on one digit at depth is asking for a lot .
That fact that it can tell a shallow Barber from a shallow Merc is impressive.
July 29, 2010 09:05PM
I get pretty jumpy numbers on the TID on my F75 LTD, which can be frustrating if your hunting in a trashy old city park. Relic hunting is another story, as we tend to dig it all, aside from iron for the most part.

I find that my Omega locks onto numbers VERY well 95% of the time, with the other 5% being targets co-located with other targets, tilted coins, or coins that are very corroded. My CZ70 isn't jumpy that often, mainly when coins are deep. I will always dig an iron to coin bouncing target on my CZ70, as I've recovered several deep silver dimes, and silver rings with this behavior. It would be nice to see the F75 LTD locking on as well as the Omega, but it is what it is I suppose.
July 30, 2010 01:18AM
All things considered.........the T2/F75 are fairly accurate on deep targets.......and MUCH better than other units when targets are partially masked......even at depth.