Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D recommended settings for small gold at the beach

Posted by JeffNS 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D recommended settings for small gold at the beach
August 05, 2010 01:57PM
I know this has been touched on before and I know that the CZ3D and just about every other machine is "gold-dead" to small gold on wet salt sand but I want to give it a shot just the same.

Am I correct in assuming I should hunt in Ehnanced mode, Sensitivity 10 (or as high as possible while remaining stable), Volume 10, All Metal? As far as GB is concerned...should I ground balance for the wet salt sand or does this completely defeat the purpose?

After reading Tom's Salt 101 & 102 posts I'm starting to think there's alot of gold on the beaches here that is not being found. The only thing you ever see being posted are gold rings...never pendants, earrings etc. I've been to a couple of popular beaches in my area and they are quite clean with very little trash so digging every signal isn't an issue...just need that signal.

Seriously considering adding another unit to my growing collection...being the Gold Bug 2 but want to give this a shot with the CZ3D this season before investing anymore into the hobby. I would think that a 3D and GB2 would be a good pair of units to have and would allow an individual to cover most of the bases.
Re: CZ3D recommended settings for small gold at the beach
August 05, 2010 03:15PM
Jeff,
You won't be able to hunt much in enhanced mode in the salt. Perhaps you would get different results up where you're at as to our Florida beaches but you should have to switch over to Salt Mode. But then you can try
but my experience down here is a lot of chatter some of which sounds very much like a target but isn't.

Wally
August 05, 2010 08:41PM
Perhaps my best approach at the beach when hunting for small gold would be to stick to the dry sand in enhanced/all metal mode and satisfy myself by hunting for the larger gold rings in Salt Mode when hunting the wet stuff.

I did discover that the salinity levels here off the coast of Nova Scotia are a bit less than you have in Floriday due to the temperature difference...not sure if it's enough to make a difference though.

Sounding like I might have to make one more MD purchase and from what I've read the GB2 is a good unit for the small stuff. I'm more of a coin hunter but I sure wouldn't mind pickin' up some of the small gold to help offset the expense of the hobby.
August 05, 2010 09:48PM
Jeff,

The Gold Bug 2 will do the job but it doesn't like the salt either so you'll have to stay in the towel line with it also!
August 05, 2010 10:02PM
Correct & correct. The GB-2 is NOT a wet-salt capable unit. However; it CAN be used in the dry sand..........and prefer volley ball courts. Towel line can also be hunted.....but trash ratio is a fair amount higher. Training is quite important for the GB-2. Wished I had the Beach Hunting DVD complete .... as there is a section w/GB-2 and micro-jewelry hunting..... by popular request.

The CZ-3D in 'enhance' mode will find small gold............but NOT tiny.....and certainly NOT micro-gold.

Hmmmmm..........this post/thread should be on the 'salt training' thread for purposes of consistancy.
August 05, 2010 10:32PM
Hi Tom...you're right...should've posted in salt training. If you can...please move.

Speaking of your Beach DVD...do you have any idea when you'll be releasing it? I just purchased the DVD of the Relic and Beach hunting seminar you conducted at the SRRC. Looking forward to your Beach DVD.
August 06, 2010 01:27AM
The video production crew is pushing to get the Beach Hunting DVD done. No target date yet......but maybe in a few months.