Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I dont know about you but the MXT's/T-2's/F-75/Omega/Gb/G2/At-pro

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I dont know about you but the MXT's/T-2's/F-75/Omega/Gb/G2/At-pro
March 06, 2011 11:56PM
and a few other's have me now where I would not hunt without the extra info gained from the iron identification system...

I love knowing what's under my coil at any given time....

I know the programmable machine's could do this for year's but I dont like a machine you program ...

I like the way they are going with light weight simplicity and fast response...Depth is depth it can only go so deep with VLF technology but sound is starting to come back into play on new platform's

and it's starting to look like now they are able to replicate the digital sound with enough nuance to resemble the older detector's fabulous audio...I myself and I know other's can tell more about a target with the way it sounds than by the simple beep or grunt....

When a machine can blend together a low tone and high tone and create a unique tone to alert you to a target I firmly believe you will see better unmasking than the simple on off beep/Grunt.....

the G-2 and Gb audio is alot more nuanced than the T-2/ F-75 were just 5 year's ago...and the At is undoubtedly using some sort of Audio chip they have ran across to produce the beautiful audio it is giving....I can tell a piece of crinkled metal to flat metal with the At-Pro just by the way it respond's as it passes over the target....Sort of like an audio picture.......

Good time to be hunting right now....

Keith
Re: I dont know about you but the MXT's/T-2's/F-75/Omega/Gb/G2/At-pro
March 07, 2011 12:23AM
Far out can't wait to see how you do and try one...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Keith/Tom Re: I dont know about you but the MXT's/T-2's/F-75/Omega/Gb/G2/At-pro
March 07, 2011 04:37AM
Regarding the T2.........would the audio nuances be improved with the 6.x version software? As my understanding is that the 6.x improved the T2 rather significantly over the 5.x software in regards to in-ground performance.
Re: Keith/Tom Re: I dont know about you but the MXT's/T-2's/F-75/Omega/Gb/G2/At-pro
March 10, 2011 03:15AM
Hi Keith, The MXT how dose it stack up with the rest you have listed? Is it as good or at least almost as good? Thinks Dean
Hey Dean I myself hold the MXT in high regard's
March 10, 2011 03:50AM
Its a great machine.. With ton's of coil option's...I really like the DD'S on it myself...Very informative audio with the added all metal feature running in unison with disc mode....It was ahead of the game 10 years ago with it own tone break set point...

I have made some great finds with the MXT....If it's all i had I would not complain one bit...Built extremely well with a great track record of no Fault's in the design...True White's quality..

Just my take

Keith
Re: Hey Dean I myself hold the MXT in high regard's
March 10, 2011 08:37PM
Thanks Keith, I got my MXT about 10 years ago when they first came out, have had very good luck with it. Just know there are newer detectors out. I think i will send my MXT in for a check up and see if Whites can zip it up a little. Thanks Dean
March 10, 2011 11:41PM
My name on the internet is "synthnut " ......I have played music professionally for years , and use to play synthesizers .......Hence the name "synthnut " ........Years ago , the synths use to be analog synths just like the detectors ...They had a very organic timbre to them ......Just like the detectors did .....There were VCO' 's just like on detectors ...... To me , a telling tone is the older detectors that you could not only tell the size , but you could tell what other things were around your target ......I LOVE the tone of the Soveriegn , and miss it a lot ...... The digital synths are coming close to the sound of the analog synths .....Perhaps one day the digital detectors will catch up to the Analog detectors with the telling tone that I miss so much .... They're still very far away from that that juicy analog tone ...... I still have my Excal thank God !!.......I have to laugh when I hear folks talk about how great the tone is on the AT Pro , while to me , it's just as sterile as any other digital machine, but with more versitility ...... I'll take analog tones any day !!..... You can draw a circle around a target with a good analog machine ......Jim
March 11, 2011 02:37AM
It is just like the fender amps with tubes what a sound..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 13, 2011 03:21AM
how about a E tone at 440Hz then i could tune my guitar? A classical 432Hz pitch calibration would probally be more inspirational!
March 13, 2011 12:24PM
LowBoY,
ANY amp with tubes !!...... Give a listen to some of your older stereo gear !!..... Back when gear AND MUSIC was good !!......I'm beginning to sound like my father ( may he rest in peace ) !!......Does this mean ...........???????............ OMG !!!..... I turned into my father !!!........ LOL !!!.....Jim
March 13, 2011 04:20PM
Don't discount the sweet silver warble of the E-trac or Explorer! That is music to my ears.