Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looks like I got one of the good CZ3D's, does this sound right?

Posted by Mojave 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looks like I got one of the good CZ3D's, does this sound right?
May 29, 2010 02:44AM
1021 serial number... 8" stock coil

Sensitivity... just a tad below 5
Volume ... 10
Ground .... 10
Disc ... 0
Mode.... Enhanced.

Clad dime rings in 90% of the time at 11". The other 10%... it sometimes makes a mid-tone sound going one way, and then the high tone going the other way, and sometimes it doesn't come in at all. Still, for the most part, it rings in with a faint signal, correctly ID'd, at 11".

Should it ring in 100% of the time at 11"? Or does this sound like it is performing at the standard?
Re: Looks like I got one of the good CZ3D's, does this sound right?
May 29, 2010 03:05AM
I just tried the air test in another spot, and it actually will ring in a little past 11". I ran the dime in front of the coil a couple dozen times and it only missed it once or twice. Looks like it's calibrated pretty well.
May 29, 2010 09:55AM
Sounds like you have a good unit.
September 11, 2010 04:25AM
Curious, because I have to set this 10210375 (same model number as yours) CZ-3D to 7 sens to get that air depth??? Has this been adjusted??
September 11, 2010 05:16AM
You have the same detector I had? Did it come with 2 extra coils? Wow, small world.

I know for a fact that it would get over 11" on the clad dime test. Do you have the ground balance set correctly for the test? Is the battery new?

The guy I sold it to said that the detector was performing well, but it was too hard for him to use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2010 05:19AM by Mojave.
September 11, 2010 01:08PM
It came with the 3 coils,(5,8,10) and a new hand grip. I set it as follows for air test. vol 10, disc 0, sens at 5 (gets me 7inches) so I set it to 6-7 gets me 11inches, ground 10. I spoke to Tom and he said this was good............. the machine is nice, but I can clearly tell the difference from the 1121 to the 1021 the 1021 is more stable at any setting on the sens. I also bought a FZ-1 Sunray probe, I plan on making a video of me using it in my test garden. Did you have any luck or good finds with her? -Chris-
September 11, 2010 05:42PM
That's weird, I would get that air test result at sensitivity 5. I wonder what could have happened between then and now to cause this change? Maybe the sensitivity knob is not set right? I can't think of any other reason for why it would suddenly become less sensitive. Try testing it in another place... maybe there is some EMI or another kind of interference taking place.

Unfortunately I never really got to use the detector. I bought it because I got a great deal on it, I tried it in my backyard and found a few newer coins, but I ended up selling it because I had another purchase I needed to make. I just started a new job and will be working long hours, so I didn't know how much free time I would have. Hopefully someday I can get another shot at a CZ-3D. It seemed like it would have been a great detector.

Good luck with it. I hope you find a lot of good stuff.
September 11, 2010 07:20PM
Maybe Tom would know why? On my 1121 I could not go past 5 without it going crazy.......? He says 6-7 sens is fine if Im getting 11+ reading on a dime..... I know I will use her.......... I ended up selling my other one well I put a reserve on it not thinking it would sell (kind of testing the waters) and at the last darn seconds someone bought it.......... I was upset, but then I did some research and realized that the CZ-3D was for me, And I just happened to stumble across the fact that the 1021s are better.......... so I bought it...... Thanks............ -Chris-
September 12, 2010 03:04AM
ESPECIALLY the later 1121's.....had some quirks. The early 1121's were okay. I know I reported this before...........but............will mention again. When the original Fisher Research Laboratory knew of pending take-over........with subsequent layoffs.......mindset/morale suffered a bit. Quality issues ensued. I know this is a taboo subject............but choose to be painfully honest.
September 12, 2010 03:33PM
Just a quick hunt last night................. My first SILVER on the 1021 CZ-3D
[www.youtube.com]
September 12, 2010 03:51PM
Good job!