Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold Bug SE holds its ground

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold Bug SE holds its ground
September 12, 2010 02:18PM
Gold Bug SE and CZ 70 at salt beach on Mass / NH border
The GB with 11DD coil is new to me
The CZ with 8in concentric, a strong one , will air test a dime at 10.5 in and stable sens of 6 on the beach
Test targets # 1 Kitchen foil , using a Quarter as a die and peeling foil to size of Quarter
then folding down to size of top of a pencil. [ sorry Tom no small gold] taped to a piece of paper
Target # 2 US Nickle
Air test Foil , CZ norm disc mode 3.75 in Salt disc mode 2.25 in
GB disc mode Max gain 5 in All Metal Max 6in [ I can run max gain at the beach ] very stable Low mineralzation.
Target # 1 1.5 inches wet sand both hit loud and clear at 2.5 inches GB hit with soft but clear Tone and VID
At 2.5 inches CZ lost target. At Approx 3+ inches GB lost target.
Target #2 At around 7inches Both CZ and GB hit target clean Tone and VID. and both about 3 or 4 inches air gab above wet sand.
Dug to a depth to loose Nickle 10+ inches CZ on the fringe but hit with tone and VID bounce not solid but diggable.
GB would tone up but not a dug signal.
I do wish i did a dry sand test with target #1 as the GB had edge in air and wet sand . Maybe next time HH Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 03:49PM by gman.
Re: Gold Bug SE holds its ground
September 12, 2010 03:57PM
Interesting results. Still a single freq unit.....yet, producing results interesting enough to want further testing.
September 13, 2010 08:52PM
First Texas bent the rules on this machine , It still needs more beach testing but it run so quiet on dry sand
at max gain you want to toss a coin down to be sure it is working.
In wet sand it is still allmost the same . I scooped some wet sand on the coil, did not change
dipped it in the surf still nothing.
It will false chrip if the coil bounces off the sand. It will not pin point in the wet and All Metal might not
work well in the wet sand .
I am not sure if FT truly knows what thy have yet as it was produced as a gold machine.
It would kill in fresh water and will hold its own it salt water on my beach.
This does not mean it will work everyware nor is it the deepest , but it has a place HH Mike
September 14, 2010 12:43AM
...............and I always look for finding any detectors special niche,,,,,,,,,,, then...apply it to that specific niche. There may be 50 different types/conditions of hunting.............and............if one unit succeeds in only one specific niche...............above all others...............then it will be the only unit I utilize for that very specific type of hunting.
September 14, 2010 02:27PM
Hmmm. I'm thinking somewhere to the west of us, a GB SE is being manufactured that's going to do some serious micro gold hunting on Florida east coast...
September 14, 2010 09:32PM
Will advise.
September 15, 2010 12:43PM
How is it with the stock coil?
September 23, 2010 12:31PM
Tom, do you happen to know if the engineers at FT actually worked toward making the GB SE tune better on wet salt sand conditions than earlier models such as F75 LTD? I ask because, as you know, the F75 will work on the wet salt sand with GB set at 0, but has to be "desensitized" when the salt content gets higher (or at least I guess that's the reason for having to reduce the sensitivity over certain areas).
It seems from the evaluations I've read that the GB SE has even better capabilities in this area., or am I just reading something into the posts that may not be the case? It would certainly be an impressive accomplishment considering the higher frequency of the GB SE.
September 23, 2010 04:33PM
Gary i did not use my F75 in the wet very much but the Omega ran better
and the GB much better still..Max gain and no or very little disc.
Hope to put some real time on the beach this weekend
Our beach season is over so it will be slim pickens but we will see.
September 24, 2010 11:31AM
Dave Johnson and John Gardiner are ALWAYS trying to incorporate ................even the most minute' of ideas/concepts/changes............into general-public use/production units. I do not know if this is the case with the new Gold Bug SE, yet, can reasonably speculate.
September 24, 2010 12:09PM
Let me know what your results are Gman. I'm fascinated with the results some people have been getting on the salt water beaches, especially depth of lower conductivity targets.
September 27, 2010 03:07PM
Dave J. did a great job on designing this one. Been testing mine the last two days for inland coin hunting, been using my 11" Omega coil on the GB. Works well in the trash, great seperation and locks on to nickels like crazy.