Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

new machine ace 250/AT Pro

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
new machine ace 250/AT Pro
October 06, 2010 03:40PM
I wonder if the At Pro will be another V3 a lot of great hype and flash but in the dirt it can't come close to the LTD...now being able to hunt in the water and land does make it a nice machine but some of the things it claims are all by air tests. You would think the company would have a test graden..I know we could not see what was in the ground in the test graden but they are making a lot of claims....why not find a way to tell gold from junk instead of iron and a dime cant the LTD do that ?....I think the G2 may be the way to go but we would have to have some fisher users try this machine ACE 250/AT PRO to tell us how good it is...or Tom you get one...we should chip in and buy him one to test for us..how much could that cost us and what a way to see what a new machine can or can't do....I am still thinking the new G2 is the machine to get for relic and gold hunting...what do you guys think?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: new machine ace 250/AT Pro
October 06, 2010 06:28PM
Have you been testing the new G2 and know something we don't? I know the GB SE with 11" coil works for me.
October 06, 2010 11:31PM
I'm ready for a new machine, just waiting for results and more information so as to make the best choice. I hope the AT Pro turns out to be a great detector, for one because of the water resistance.
October 07, 2010 01:31AM
I wish I new info about the G2 I can only hope it is a killer relic hunter and sniffs out gold.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

Air testing
October 07, 2010 01:52AM
I was thinking the same thing , watching the videos of the AT. How is it going to work in the ground? When I bought the Omega, it tested very deep in air tests, yet in my soil, the depths were about half what it air tested at. Another thing I noticed was when the engineer waved a nickel past the coil, the target ID varied by 6 numbers. How accurate will that be when the nickel is in the ground? What I like about the AT is that it is waterproof to 10 feet, and it seemingly has decent audio disc, which would be nice in shallow water. It should be decent on gold with the 15 khz freq. As far as a land machine, I still like my Safari...... with the highly accurate disc. circuit.
October 07, 2010 03:35AM
I still don'at think anyone has gone over and beyond what is out there now...I want to tell trash from junk and to find more gold rings... A gold ring machine I would hit every school I could find if we could have that.

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

October 07, 2010 12:00PM
I also have been looking at the AT Pro, It looks like Garrett is trying to come up with a super ACE unit. I will wait for the reviews when it hits the market. I am still waiting on the Teknetics G2 unit and reviews.
Worries me that they are having problems getting it out. Could be that they are just trying to get all the bugs out. I do not do much water or beach hunting, so this is not a plus for me. I would like to have a good gold machine. Will wait and see I guess.

Tom
October 07, 2010 06:43PM
Just go the Fall edition of The Garrett Searcher.
If all holds true to their advertisement then look out F75 and F75 LTD.
October 07, 2010 07:01PM
I didn't think my F75 would miss any gold rings - small chains maybe, but not rings.

Do you think it's missing some?

Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still don'at think anyone has gone over and
> beyond what is out there now...I want to tell
> trash from junk and to find more gold rings... A
> gold ring machine I would hit every school I could
> find if we could have that.
Re: Air testing
October 08, 2010 02:07PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
When I bought the Omega, it tested very
> deep in air tests, yet in my soil, the depths were
> about half what it air tested at. Another thing I
> noticed was when the engineer waved a nickel past
> the coil, the target ID varied by 6 numbers.

I have gotten very very good depth with my Omega, even better on coins (on average) than my T2. I have already dug coins to around 8" and quarter sized targets to around 11" (with a good signal). My T2's VID numbers were often moving around as you stated, but NOT at all with my Omega. They lock on fairly well. I wonder if it's your soil regarding both the depth and the VID numbers? Also, are you ground balancing your Omega well? (Like when you are hunting do the bars in the lower right stack up or down? Sometimes I use the ground grab and then I further GB it manually. I have read a lot about the Omega and have one, and what you say is such an exception.