Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2 today - the lane..........<"))))><(

Posted by gravediggermax 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2 today - the lane..........<"))))><(
October 30, 2010 01:59AM
hit the lane for a short test spin today.

like the f75 i had once and my minelabs she likes deep bottle caps............the shallow ones jump all over the arc....i.d. pretty good like that.......have the arc set at 41 now.

nickels hit right on 58 like the book said...........then i hit a 59......another nickel i think........59 turns out to be a kinda deep oxidized pull tab...........hit 2 - 49's..........foil drink seals....glue on top type.

now i am switching back and forth from discriminate to all metals.........just learning, but id is as u know in discriminated readings.

carried a few targets with me for testing, we do more next spin and will take the time and bury some in the wet sand, today all were just on top.

i moved the arc setting to 50...........drink seals are now low tone in shaded arc...............but u will see from attached pic i am moving it back to below or around 40 for now.

she ground balances so much faster and right on than the old f75.........i am impressed with that and is quiet with gain cranked up.

now the best part for me was the hook and the brass swivel deal on a piece of mono. fishing line

more soon.....maybe i will take my video camera

i hope to get up with my buddy for some heads up testing tomorrow against his new se pro.

good luck
test targets

Re: G2 today - the lane..........<"))))><(
October 30, 2010 01:47PM
Nice 24 & 58 photo.

Yes, small gold items will ID around 48-51.
Re: G2 today - the lane..........<"))))><(
October 30, 2010 02:03PM
Sounds like the G2 runs the same as the GB Se on the wet sand. Kinda figured they are both pretty much the same unit with minor differences.

I agree Max...these units ground balance very well in the wet sand and you can run them cranked up and they are very stable.

Yup...they like deep bottle caps ! Even some shallow ones ID like quarters too ( at least on my GB Se they do).

JC
jc
October 30, 2010 11:57PM
i will have the 5" coil monday and give it a spin probalby in the button patch sometime this week.

i have read some good things regarding this coil.

i opted for the G2 for the hand grip and 11" coil over the gold bug...........i liked the feel of the f75 when i had one.

good luck

see ya