Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The replacement for G2 arrived in vabeach today - will it be the new heater ??

Posted by gravediggermax 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The replacement for G2 arrived in vabeach today - will it be the new heater ??
November 24, 2010 11:05PM
at pro......came late, almost dark.......assembled and hit the yard..........more from the beach on turkey day.

seems a bit more heavier than i expected.............all hardware seems great...........some voiced concern about headphone wire length...........seems fine to me.

seemed to work find in my yard............pro mode...........oh boy..........now that will have to come back later on........god she has some sounds for sure..........all the good and bad i have read on the garrett forum, i was beginning to wonder.......time will tell.....

i do need to voice two concerns............the COIL PLUG AND HEADPHONE PLUG..........o m g.......both have tiny tiny little pins and they are not easy to stick in the right spot..........BETTER WEAR YOUR HIGH POWERED GLASSES when assembling

more thur. and all the weekend for testing.

good luck everyone

Re: The replacement for G2 arrived in vabeach today - will it be the new heater ??
November 25, 2010 12:47AM
Can I ask why you replaced the G2 with the AT Pro?
tmanly......u can sure ask
November 25, 2010 01:27AM
i liked the G2

but being a water hunter 99% of the time i opted for waterproof high freq. heater.

now will it work in the water......i suspect yes........may not like the wash area with waves........but i do not know this yet.

i did not know until i got it and read the book, like the F75.......it has a freq. shifter on it also.
Re: tmanly......u can sure ask
November 25, 2010 01:42AM
seen a recent review that said it was an absolute no-go in the wet sand and surf.
Re: The replacement for G2 arrived in vabeach today - will it be the new heater ??
November 25, 2010 04:28AM
Good luck I know if you are a water hunter then there are a few machines out there but if you go relic hunting it will be very hard to beat the G2.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 25, 2010 01:55PM
LowBoy, I really enjoy your videos. Looking forward to more with that new G2.

Tom in SC
1 HR. spin in the damp sand and shallow salt waters of the ches. bay
November 25, 2010 05:50PM
more to follow with pics..........

ground balanced to 12 or 13........i then manually ground balanced to 0.

YOU CAN NOT USE IT IN STD. MODE HERE AT MAX. SENSITIVITY...............NOISY............BEEPS....CHIRPS.........OH BOY.......LIKE THE ACE I JUST GOT, I DOES OK AT 2 OR 3 BARS.

B U T

in pro mode....MAX SENSITIVITY............she runs smooth and quiet...................i am a coil scraper...........she beeps and chirps with maybe like minerial sounds...low...kinda like my se pro does, but hits on targets good....the few i dug...............if coil is lifted 1 or 2" above the sand...............O M G.....SUPER QUIET.......BUT ONLY IN PRO MODE........do not go there in std......U will not like it.

i hunted in zero and let me tell u this baby might be a real beach heater for sure...............i did some depth tests............kinda like G2 results..........more on that.

Let me add........the stock phones are poor for working on the beach, small waves today and 5mph winds.........they were noisy
Weight:......it has some

back to u later in the day with pics and a follow up
November 25, 2010 06:03PM
I really hope you have a winner it is all about the hobby and finding history and having fun. Let us know how you do...There is room for new progress maybe you have the best beach hunter on the market?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
LowBo Y
November 25, 2010 06:33PM
i do truly have the best saltwater machine on the market, but it is not this unit.

i just hope this at pro is kinda close to my Se Pro and i will not have to dig holes half way to china........i am getting to damn old for all that, my se pro and my back hate each other......for real, no joke.

so far, like i said, i am impressed with the pro mode in the salt water and the pro modes ability to i.d. the little iron flakes we have here and the great tone on same.

way to soon to be able to tell anymore right now........have 3 great days of weather coming up.........more info. will be forthcoming.
here are the pics from the morning spin
November 25, 2010 09:03PM
the numbers will tell the story...............

no setting i tried would hear the 10k ring nor the small gold pendant............... i do not belive one can test true depth doing it this way, but i did it so u can judge for yourselves. the sand was filled in level with the beach................hit the tungsten and sterling rings only................holes were.....6 to 8 inches deep......i will re-visit this fri or sat from a different view.

so far, i like it

Max.....about the freq shifter...
November 26, 2010 05:08PM
If I read the manual correctly, the operator needs to press and hold one button while then pushing the + or - to adjust. Is this a two handed operation or can you like use a thumb and finger to perform this?
Re: Max.....about the freq shifter...
November 27, 2010 03:18AM
buckeye

i used 2 hands............see note
Use the PINPOINT/Freq Adj pushbutton in conjunction with
the (+) or (-) SENSITIVITY pushbuttons to adjust frequency.
The AT Pro is capable of operating at four slightly different
frequencies in order to minimize the interference caused by
electrical sources (e.g. power lines) or other metal detectors.
To adjust frequencies, hold down the PINPOINT button and
press the (+) or (-) SENSITIVITY pushbuttons to change the
frequency to find one with the least amount of interference.
The frequency setting (F1–F4) will be indicated on the LCD.
Release the PINPOINT button when finished.