Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Straight Shaft AT Pro

Posted by synthnut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Straight Shaft AT Pro
February 02, 2011 10:19PM
Sorry ...I'm still trying to fibure out how to post a picture ....Jim

I just got it back today ....Not sure how it's gonna work , but I put it on a straight shaft that I built for it ....I'll go out to the beach this weekend and try it out .....Hope it works out ......Thanks, Jim

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2011 02:25AM by synthnut.
Re: Straight Shaft AT Pro
February 03, 2011 03:58AM
looks great!!!!!!!! i hate s shafts!
Synth........wishing that this unit
February 03, 2011 04:57AM
is a Beast and all issues have been resolved. Really looking forward to your test results. However, with the really nasty weather, do not put yourself at risk to test a detector.

Stay Safe.........
February 03, 2011 09:19AM
Looking like sun and 38 for us this weekend. Me and Jim hunt together. No worries about being safe.
February 03, 2011 09:33PM
Thanks guys ..... I put this machine to the test out in my yard ....I cleared a patch of lawn and ground balanced it in Pro mode "Free" ..... I also had the sensitivity up as high as it would go ..... I then ran the coil across some NASTY rough ice and snow mounds in my driveway after first searching for targets while hovering ABOVE the ice and snow on the driveway ...I had a clear shot with no targets ......I was now on the driveway scrubbing the coil along the ground .....The coil was vibrating like .......( I won't go there ) and it was bumping along the sides of some ice mounds , and it was ROUGH I tell ya !!.....NO FALSING .....NO NOISE .....NO NOTHING !!.....GREAT NEWS !!....... I got the machine back and it was the same control head , and when I asked at Garrett what they did to fix it , they would NOT tell me .....Hmmmmmm......Anyway , it seems to be working a LOT better than before I sent it in !!..... I have a sneaky suspicion what was done , but I will not go there either .....The important thing is that the machine was FIXED and in record time !!...... I'm a happy camper so far .....This weekend will tell the real story on the beach ..... YUP .....EZ and I are just crazy enough to bundle up and DO IT AGAIN !!!...... We only have to deal with about 2 ft of snow this time !!..... No biggee ......smiling smiley .....JIm
Whoooooyahhhhhh................
February 03, 2011 09:52PM
No falsingsmiling smiley
Re: Whoooooyahhhhhh................
February 04, 2011 12:22AM
No falsing?
Go-Rebels..........no falsing
February 04, 2011 12:31AM
Synth had sent it in because the coil would false if it was turned at a angle...................huge firefight on Findmall regarding this........poor Synth took alot of uneccessary heat over reporting it.
Synth..........WET SAND..............LOL
February 04, 2011 12:39AM
Make sure EZ gets really good video that the sand is wet and saturated by ocean water for the test site....................our boss Tom D...smiling smiley............lol...........wants to see that on video.
February 04, 2011 02:36AM
Hmmm... the coil falses when shaken side to side but that is "normal" activity... yet when sent in to be checked it is repaired and sent back - and it does not false at all, which was considered "normal". I would have more respect if they just said, "you guys were right, we're sorry for the inconvenience". I guess Garrett made it right and that is the important thing, but if they can make one right... they can build them ALL right from the start. IMHO smiling smiley

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie
February 04, 2011 10:56AM
It does seem that only the people that complain and send in their detectors will get the coil issue resolved. Garrett should step up to the plate with at least a statement. Glad our buddy here got his taken care of. I'm still not buying one until something happens on Garrett's side. I'll go Excalibur again this year. In my book that's not too bad.
February 05, 2011 12:35AM
As with anything else , if you are content with what you have , so be it ........But if you're not ...... the squeeky wheel will ALWAYS get greased !!..... I'm thankful that it is working , and for that I am gratelul ....... Jim

Terra ,
I will ALWAYS speak my peace, and I will ALWAYS get flack for doing so ...... ( Favorite Saying ) ....." No good dead goes unpunished " .......

.....and the next time I do a gold ring test , you can bet your bippy that I will be SPLASHING in SALTWATER !!!.......and I will be recording the ground balance proceedure and will be showing the numbers on the screen !!!..... It will still be cold out , so I will be able to do a very similar test ......I'll keep you all posted ..... I'd be willing to bet that the AT Pro will STILL do better than the other machines except for the CZ21 ..... That will be my next machine unless I can find a CZ70 Pro .....So if anybody hear's of a good CZ21 or a CZ70 Pro , let me know ....I'm looking !!....Jim
February 05, 2011 02:07AM
Jim, I've got a sneaky suspicion your sneaky suspicion is right!