Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Extensive question on a Gold Bug SE or Pro?

Posted by steveg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Extensive question on a Gold Bug SE or Pro?
February 17, 2011 11:14AM
Has anyone done this? Forgive me if this has already been posted, but there's so much flying around about some "silver issues" with some of the prior versions; would like to see some true tests with detailed numbers -- some with the newest versions of the Pro (v.3 and v.4), and some with a "non-fixed" version 2.9 SE.

My questions regarding performance revolve SPECIFICALLY around this "deep silver coin" issue (while I know in general a 19kHz machine shouldn't be that great -- except apparently the Troy machines I have heard talked about here).

I DID do a search on this smiling smiley but didn't see a whole lot of numbers related to silver coins, though Keith Southern did post some thorough stuff about these machines.

Thanks,

Steve
Re: Extensive question on a Gold Bug SE or Pro?
February 17, 2011 01:44PM
Steve,

I am not sure if you are going to get many documented tests with a non-modified GB because most were sent back to be fixed. Once the 'silver issue' was found, units were either being sent back by people who purchased them, or in my case, my dealer didn't even ship my original one and sent it back to be fixed prior to sending it to me.

I remember reading about how the original units could not hit a silver dollar, and that the GB settings were not correct and had to be re-calibrated.

My correctly calibrated GBSE 2.9 does what it's supposed to do, and this is hit on low conductors a lot harder than high ones. It can hit silver coins, but hits nickels much deeper.