Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Depth question for Tom

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Depth question for Tom
February 24, 2011 05:48AM
Tom-----As I understand it, you have tested both the (earlier) AT PRO and the G2.-----Which of those two detectors did you see as giving the best depth? (all things being equal as possible).----------Thanks, Del
Re: Depth question for Tom
February 24, 2011 10:11AM
I think thy both hit a dime at 10in mark but with the
AT Pro having [ problems ] it might not be a true read.
February 24, 2011 01:25PM
Very hard to rate...........and unfair to the Garrett AT Pro........due to coil issue. Yes, I know what you are asking, yet, it is still hard to rate......as there may be a 'hidden/unknown/unsuspecting' performance gain if/once the coil issue is resolved with ATP.

Right now........I (uncomfortably) claim 'near equal' performance.......using a bad coil on ATP....... speculating how a 'per design' unit would compare.
February 24, 2011 05:48PM
Noting scientific , but I"m not sure that I'm reading targets any deeper , but I'm not wasing time checking targets that are NOT targets but falsing issues .......Targets that I am finding are just as deep as the old coil scenario , and surely no more shallow , but MUCH less tme consuming actions when always checking the falsing tones ....Much easier to hear deeper/ more faint targets without all the falsing ....Jim
February 25, 2011 12:02AM
I agree Sonny. It is a bit better.