Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Homemade meter on CZ possible?

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Homemade meter on CZ possible?
June 02, 2010 03:23AM
I've seen people use a multimeter to make a homemade Sovereign meter and it works great!

Here's the plans (it's so simple and inexpensive it makes one wonder why the meters are so expensive to begin with):

[web.archive.org]

It appears that the meter is just measuring the voltage on the coil receive line. Tom could this work on the CZ line as well?

Thanks!
Brian
Re: Homemade meter on CZ possible?
June 03, 2010 08:35AM
Brian,

Yes, , , the CZ outputs a continuous voltage for each segment. (It's a slightly different voltage for each segment).
June 04, 2010 04:31PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian,
>
> Yes, , , the CZ outputs a continuous voltage
> for each segment. (It's a slightly different
> voltage for each segment).

Wow a CZ with a metered TID...that would be something for turf hunting.

Tom can you share the coil wire pin-out?

Thanks Tom!
Brian
June 05, 2010 12:30AM
This should not be confidential info. Time permiting......I'll look it up ....and post it. (You might need to remind me.....incase I become sidetracked).
September 11, 2010 05:00AM
who can make one of these for my cz-3d? thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2011 02:36PM by fisher cz-3d.
February 25, 2011 07:08PM
Hello, Did this ever get posted?

"It appears that the meter is just measuring the voltage on the coil receive line. Tom, could this work on the CZ line as well?"
"Yes, CZ outputs a continuous voltage for each segment. (It's a slightly different voltage for each segment)."
"Wow a CZ with a metered TID...that would be something for turf hunting."
"Tom can you share the coil wire pin-out?" From Tom:"This should not be confidential info. Time permitting......I'll look it up ....and post it. (You might need to remind me.....in case I become sidetracked)."

Tom, Did this ever get posted?? And, will this work on a CZ-3D? Thank You