Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Standard T2 & T2LTD. Boost mode earch on the machine before I bought it.

Posted by kasparov747 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Standard T2 & T2LTD. Boost mode earch on the machine before I bought it.
February 25, 2011 03:59PM
Hi all,
Im a new member but have scoured this site for a while. I currently own a modifed Teknetics Mark 1, Cointrax 2 Treasure Baron and Teknetics T2 version 6.0... Here is what makes me curious. I just purchased the T2 about a week ago.. I did a lot of research on the machine before I bought it.. I know the T2 LTD has the boost and cache modes. I had read many times including reading something similar on this site that the standard T2 has a depth boost when the discrimination is 5 or below and 40 or above if im correct. Is it possible that the newer T2 LTD is using this same scenario as the boost mode but just redesigned software wise to take advantage of this or is the T2 LTD a completely different machine software wise?? I had read somewhere that Dave Johnson said that the T2 LTD had completely new algorithms to help with the depth boost. I was just curious what your opinions were on this?? I really like the T2 and think it was a good purchase to help when hunting in iron sites. Any information that you folks can give on the T2 questions I have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and Tom you have a really nice and very informative site here with unbiased opinions and that means a lot. A lot of folks would be afraid to give a negative opinion of a machine but thats what we need is a full spectrum when giving an opinion of a metal detector and hats off to you for doing so. Have a great day and happy hunting...
Re: Standard T2 & T2LTD. Boost mode earch on the machine before I bought it.
February 25, 2011 04:08PM
The boost modes are entirely new algorithms on the LTD models and different from the 'normal' sensitivity gains realized by DISC<6.

The improvements are so significant that I feel First Texas should have called these different models (F76/T3).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2011 12:46PM by go-rebels.
Re: Standard T2 & T2LTD. Boost mode earch on the machine before I bought it.
February 25, 2011 05:54PM
Go-rebels is correct!
In boost mode it get really deep and has significant improvements!
Kasparov......Read my post here titled
February 25, 2011 09:39PM
Teknetics T2 / A Gain Measurement Chart ....................it will give you a rough idea of how discrimination settings on the T2 affect the potential depth of the machine. Set the unit correctly and you can achieve sort of a boost mode. Set the disc wrong.......and you lose considerable depth.
And setting the disc to 40 would hurt your depth........see my chart.