Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

coil noise - atpro & wot - f y i

Posted by gravediggermax 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
coil noise - atpro & wot - f y i
February 27, 2011 03:54PM
i have posted this on 2 other forums as well

please advise

2 weeks ago i sent my atpro back to texas for check up as many have done after reading and seeing how it falsed. mine did the same. it should be back tomorrow or tues. and i will retest at same location soon.

here is the reason i sent it back.
[www.youtube.com]
and here is my wot from yesterday
[www.youtube.com]
i think/thought it is just the nature of the beast of some coils.

comments please
let me add this
February 27, 2011 04:18PM
same field with sepro and 8" minelab coil.........runs quiet and smooth
Re: coil noise - atpro & wot - f y i
February 27, 2011 04:25PM
When the Pro comes back it may answer the ?
Thy seem to be working with the coil as the problem , but not saying.
Re: coil noise - atpro & wot - f y i
February 28, 2011 02:41AM
I question aftermarket coils.
Re: let me add this
February 28, 2011 12:01PM
That's one of the reasons I couldn't use a WOT here Max, and I've tried 3. Ripple waves, seaweed, ocean foam - you name it, anything would set off the WOTs I tried. I'm sure it's very sensitive and deep under certain conditions, but when you can't hear the targets within the noise, what's the point?
Gary
February 28, 2011 01:46PM
back in 04/05 with my expII...........i sprung for a w o t for the beach...................like u said......no go joe

i do not seem to have that problem with any coils using the SePro,............ w o t - 10x12sef and stock........runs smooth almost everywhere.

except in the stalks.........and i hunt them only on rare occassions.

my atpro should arrive today from texas after whatever was done to it. i will not be able to get to the fields again until sat or sun............much hvy. equipment working there daily now.

to me, the sepro is far better than my old expII on the beach and i have tested it against several GT's and Excals. and they can not hear what i hear........F A C T.

f y i only

<")))))<>(