Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus users (Especially newer)

Posted by Sod-buster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus users (Especially newer)
August 11, 2017 02:19PM
If you happen to have the book on Deus (not operator's manual)
Pages 102 and 106.

I suspect faulty recommendations here for highest tone break.
You follow these recommendations you have a high likelihood to sweep deeper nonferrous even coins and get iron tone (lower) not the usual higher tone.

I won't go into any more detail here since this does involve someone's book, and don't want to breach any laws.

Just be advised.

If you have any questions here, you might want to talk privately with someone so you can understand better.

Link here with video to show what can happen.

[metaldetectingforum.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 02:22PM by Sod-buster.
Re: Deus users (Especially newer)
August 11, 2017 03:57PM
This is a risk with all detectors that allow you to disc/notch out or set iron tone to the top end of VDI. The option is intended for iron wrap around and used at your own risk depending on site. Pretty common knowledge. Soil conditions come into play of course. Scotts soil doesn't have mineralization at all. As you I'm sure you are aware. Even if you don't disc/notch/tone break you can have large silver wrap to typical iron VDI as well. Just part of the game. At least with the deus you have control over your destiny and can adjust accordingly.
August 11, 2017 06:25PM
Craig,
My posting not meant to be a hit job on Anyone.

As far as common knowledge goes, maybe or maybe not.

Remember Deus is one of the lightest detectors available on open market.

Could this weight lure a brand spanking new detectorists to buy?
Maybe

Could it lure say someone who has been using a meter less detector (lightweight) to buy?
Maybe so.

In both of these cases, maybe this higher iron range reporting is NOT so common knowledge to some folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 06:27PM by Sod-buster.
August 11, 2017 07:33PM
If I was a Deus owner, I'd want to know that tidbit.
August 11, 2017 08:24PM
What's the big deal?
Andy says to disc out the high 90's to quiet down the iron and by doing so you will not lose big silver or clad spills.
My experimentation showed that to be incorrect so I don't.
Isn't it to each individuals best interest to do some of their own testing just like it's in his best interest to support his recommendation?
August 18, 2017 12:12AM
More yawn thumbs up
August 18, 2017 05:37AM
when I was first started out with the deus I was notching out the 98&99. Almost missed a 1887 Morgan dollar cause of it. Well actually the machine missed it but lucky me it was laying on the surface and I kicked it thinking it was and old can lid and realized what it was lol. In heavy iron it does help with iron wrap, but as soon u learn the machine a bit can easily hear the difference. After almost missing the 1887 Morgan I learned my lesson. Ive also dug silver quarters that came up a 98 for whatever reason, so I highly recommend not doing this also. Great post Sod-buster
August 20, 2017 02:31PM
pure silver bullion comes in at 99 so dont disc that out ..