Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D that were bought within the past year.

Posted by saltrock 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D that were bought within the past year.
March 22, 2011 04:53AM
I would like to hear from any users that have bought a newer CZ-3D within the past year. I keep hearing that the 1021 serial number are the hot king, yet when talking to fisher they say there is no difference. I would like to hear from any CZ-3D users that have bought there machines within the past year. Tell me about your pros and cons with this newer CZ-3D Machine, depth, etc. Any info would help.
Re: CZ-3D that were bought within the past year.
March 24, 2011 09:11PM
Mine is killer! loves those deep coins! I have a 1021!... I recently picked up a copper washer the size of my pinky nail, about 13 inches.. no lie!!!! I just wish I could find some silver!!! smiling smiley
March 24, 2011 10:51PM
Dang.......thats deep.
March 24, 2011 11:57PM
It seems that the rumor regarding newer CZ-3D’s not being as deep as older models goes back to the FT buyout of Fisher and the alleged quality control issues at that time. One would think that by now the current machines are stable and back to factory specs…….
March 26, 2011 02:48AM
Okay guys I have to brag! this afternoon, Me and my hunting buddy, nsbadge see us on (Metal Detecting Maine.com) (I'm cyclonecj2) Tested our machines in his test garden.. He used his F75ltd and me my CZ-3D. (his test garden has been there for about a year now) 25cents 10 inches planted. his machine..ddcoil 8x11 (is that the right coil size) his machine no problem, my machine salt mode, sens at 5, then 7, no problem!! then I raised my coil four inches off the ground... still ALL DAY!!!! 10 cents, 6 inches no problem!!!! 4 inches off the ground!!! still read it, perfect!!! 10 cents at 8 inches,with nail. no problem!!! 3 inches off ground still read it fine!!! all in salt mode!! his machine sens was at 80. no problems.. but his machine more chatter, mine quiet!!! also his V3i cant even get the 25 quarter??? sup with that???? LOL, he did say something about downloading a program....
My machine is a MONSTER!!!! easy to use!!!! I have the standard 8 inch coil, the 10.5 coil , and the 4 inch coil!! also I have the sunray probe. I tested these coins with sens at 5 and was getting them, but sounded better with the sens up to 7-8.... Also at a meet a few months back I had the opportunity to follow behind a Etrac. and let me tell you I heard every thing that his machine heard, but it was slow going.... Don't underestimate the power of the Fisher CZ-3D's (the older ones anyways)...... Thanks Tom!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 02:50AM by fisher cz-3d.
March 26, 2011 03:06AM
Correct. And if only folks could 'test/experience' a proper CZ-3D.
March 26, 2011 04:46AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Correct. And if only folks could 'test/experience'
> a proper CZ-3D.

What is a PROPER CZ3 ? A Los Banos one?
March 26, 2011 11:44AM
One that'll air-test a clad dime at 12" (with stock/supplied 8" coil).......and is stable..............regardless of age.
March 26, 2011 02:18PM
Tom:

To put the CZ-3D in a perspective that would help me (and perhaps others) better understand its capabilities, could you please comment on how, for example, the CZ7a Pro, F75 LTD and Garret AT Pro would compare to the CZ-3D, from your perspective, in terms of depth and ability to handle mineralazation, iron masking and a mineralized wet salt water beach. Thank you.
March 26, 2011 03:08PM
Lump the CZ-3D and CZ-7a together......as they are quite close in performance. They work great by current-day standards (all things considered) in the wet-salt environment. The AT Pro and F75's do not work in the wet salt (as far as I'm concerned).........are not specifically designed to work in the wet salt..............and there are detectors that are a MUCH better choice for the wet salt.

The AT Pro and F75 LTD's are superior at handling iron.......with extremely enhanced adjacent target separation characteristics.....and will leave the concentric-coil CZ's in a 'masked' status. As far as bad dirt/mineralization handling abilities (except for wet salt)........they are all quite close. As far as ID capable units..........It is the multi-freq Minelabs that handle bad mineralization the best. Not needing ID............then..........Pulse Induction units trump all.
March 26, 2011 03:44PM
Tom:

That is really helpful information, and great summary from my perspective. Thank you!