Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ6A penny ID in salt mode

Posted by Vato 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ6A penny ID in salt mode
April 22, 2011 01:27AM
I`m new to the forum and have found a lot of useful info here. I use the CZ6A with excellent results. Recently in the "normal" mode, the 6A sees no difference
between the clad penny and copper penny. This is quite annoying. In the "Salt" mode the 6A sees the difference between the pennies. I ground balance around 5 with sensitivity at 5 or 6. Question, Am I losing depth or sensitivity using the salt mode on non salt conditions? Does this machine need a tune up? Am I missing something? any ideas will be appreciated...Thanks
Re: CZ6A penny ID in salt mode
April 22, 2011 11:19AM
Hmmmmm. Almost sounds like this unit has been converted to CZ-3D status. . . . hard to tell. If you hunt in the 'Salt' mode......you will lose VERY little depth on coins. If you hunt for gold jewelry.......and you are in the 'Salt' mode; you will lose a lot of Sensitivity/depth on gold........especially smaller gold items. Do you know what your air-test range on a dime with your unit is?
April 22, 2011 08:46PM
Tom, It is not air testing well. With ground bal @ 6 and sensitivity @ 10 in all metal, dime @ 7 inches, quarter @ 8 inches, Penny @ 7 1/2
nickel @ 7 inches. No difference between salt and normal. In iron Disc. mode, Dime @ 8inches, quarter @ 9 inches, nickel @ 71/2 inches and penny @ 8 inches. These numbers seem low to me. I have found coins @ 8 inches but no deeper. The batteries are new. Is this info useful?...Thanks
April 22, 2011 09:17PM
Yes, , , , something is wrong/incorrect with your detector. CZ-6a should acquire a clad dime well beyond 11" with 8" coil.
April 22, 2011 10:47PM
Tom; can this be corrected? I think this is an analog machine. Are there adjustments that can be done?
April 23, 2011 01:54PM
In most cases; yes. Right now.......it's hard to tell if it is component error/breakdown.......contamination.............or simply just needs a tune-up.
April 23, 2011 04:57PM
Do you want to look at it or shall I ship it to fisher?
April 24, 2011 01:41AM
With the low depth abilities.......I would recommend sending it to Fisher. If not for that........I'd take a look at it.