Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1st time out w/ Tom D. Tuned CZ3D vs. SE Pro

Posted by TreasurdiggrNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1st time out w/ Tom D. Tuned CZ3D vs. SE Pro
April 23, 2011 12:29AM
Hey Everyone,
Took the newly tuned CZ3D out.....That machine is hot. Before this hunt I had it out 3 times approx. 24 hrs. and got 0 silvers, 3 wheats and a bunch of junk, guys I was hunting with all did well on silver those three hunts. Today I got out to a spot my buddy The Ghost invited me to. He's used the Explorers for years. I saw it as a great opportunity to compare some signals and to see if there was any noticeable interference between the two units. We were able to get 1 good target on video and The Ghost said the target sounded better on my machine than his.

Here are the finds, I didn't realize I had the buffalo until I got home.

Here is a link to the video.
[www.youtube.com]
Re: 1st time out w/ Tom D. Tuned CZ3D vs. SE Pro
April 23, 2011 01:07AM
Good video Treasurdiggr...the 3D hit that merc hard.

Nice to know it could work with the Minelab turned on. If you get a chance, when you get a coin that is pretty deep ( 9-10 inches on the 3D) see if it gets effected when there is a Minelab turned on like before. Wonder if there is depth decrease or negative effect on the deeper, marginal targets.

Looked like that merc wasn't too deep ( but I could be wrong since I can't judge via the video).
April 23, 2011 02:02PM
Very nice. Let's hope your finds get better and better.
April 23, 2011 08:12PM
Thanks therover61, The merc wasn't that deep but after looking at the way I was swinging the coil it's a wonder I got a signal at all lol. At one point it looks like I'm bobbing it like when you ground balance. Not easy swinging, listening, talking and walking in a circle looking thru the tiny view finder of the camera. I'll be checking on the deep targets as you suggested thanks for the heads up, almost all the guys I hunt with use Minelabs.

therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good video Treasurdiggr...the 3D hit that merc
> hard.
>
> Nice to know it could work with the Minelab turned
> on. If you get a chance, when you get a coin that
> is pretty deep ( 9-10 inches on the 3D) see if it
> gets effected when there is a Minelab turned on
> like before. Wonder if there is depth decrease or
> negative effect on the deeper, marginal targets.
>
> Looked like that merc wasn't too deep ( but I
> could be wrong since I can't judge via the video).
April 23, 2011 08:16PM
With the way this machine is running now It's my fault if the finds don't get better. Thanks again Tom I can't thank you enough

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice. Let's hope your finds get better and
> better.
April 24, 2011 01:30AM
Treasurdiggr....your comment about you swinging cracked me up. When I was watching the video, I was saying 'Slow down !' But then I figured what you had stated...you were holding the camera, talking, trying to get the target centered in the coil, etc.

I remember my first video on the beach with my Gold Bug. I was by myself, no sand scoop, with a hand held camera and it was like trying to juggle. I was always trying to make sure I didn't drop the camera or the detector since they both weren't waterproof. Needless to say, I didn't last too long filming but I think it was an ok job and showed the GB SE can hunt the wet, salt sand.

They now have smaller cameras that can actually be attached to your hat. Hands free filming...that's nice ! I may get one at some point as it seems more and more guys out there filming are using them.

I guarantee when you actually hunt and concentrate on getting some nice old coins, and not worrying about filming, you will snatch up some nice ones.