Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Three dimensional detecting

Posted by Chris Woods 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Three dimensional detecting
April 28, 2011 01:18AM
Tom made a post in the "CZ for sale thread" about the Z axis and how it effectively negates our ability to detect masked targets. I just happened across this video and it is a great example of how this works. If you have never setup a 3D masking experiment, this is definitely worth watching.

[www.youtube.com]
Neugene.....Re: Three dimensional detecting
April 28, 2011 02:12AM
Thanks for the link. Question to Tom D. Does this also apply to VLF detector technology in general?
Re: Neugene.....Re: Three dimensional detecting
April 28, 2011 03:30AM
Yes, this applies to electromagnetic-principle detection units (including VLF).

The audio of this video-clip is not congruent with the location of the coil location/position. . . . . . . . . and some of the 'beeps' are falsing off of the tips/edges of the iron.
Re: Three dimensional detecting
April 29, 2011 09:05PM
that was a great video, and I understand now, and will be a trash digger now hehe, does any machine out there bet that game
April 30, 2011 06:35PM
So at old sites we need to dig low tones, to get to the good stuff??????? (I'm a CZ-3D user)
April 30, 2011 11:45PM
I think I remember that on the CZ3 you have a hard time with masking so you may have to dig more low tones then some of the newer machines.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 01, 2011 11:56AM
Digging low tones will wear you out! If the area is littered with trash (low-tone iron).......... I would MUCH rather recommend the smaller coil first!...... before you start digging the low-tone iron signals out of the way.