Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BIG thank you Tommy Nasa!!!

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
BIG thank you Tommy Nasa!!!
May 08, 2011 02:41AM
Wanted to take the time and give ya'll an update on the used CZ-3D (1021 model) I recently purchased which Tom inspected, refined, recalibrated & every possible other "re" you can think of, lol.

In short, this machine (which Tom originally conceived & designed) is S-M-O-K-I-N!!! Never cared or even gave two thoughts to Fisher products whatsoever - sorry, just the truth. Until one day I randomly bought a copy of Tom's DVD; "Metal Detecting - Real World Techniques" about (6) months ago. The DVD itself is phenomenal, however, what truly blew me away was the detector he was using in the production...the CZ-3D. I then joined Tom's website pronto and starting asking all sorts of crazy, wild questions about anything pertaining to the 3D. Tom and all of the members of this site were MORE than helpful. Soooooooooo...

After deciding to take the plunge and pick up a used model, Tom was kind enough to lend his services in regards to getting my unit "hunt ready" smiling smiley

There were a couple of speed bumps in learning this machine in the beginning - which is normal for anyone using a new make and model. But, once I started understanding the intricacies of this machine, the finds I was making were unreal. However, just follow the links below and YOU can be the judge of that smiling smiley

Tom, thank you so very much for your studious & scientific approach to this great hobby. I strongly urge ANYONE seriously interested in furthering their detecting game to check out Tom's DVD's. Furthermore, do make sure at the very least to try out a Fisher detector. Especially ones from the hailed CZ line. You will not regret it smiling smiley

[treasuredigging.com]

[treasuredigging.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 01:04PM by njnydigger.
Re: BIG thank you Tommy Nasa!!!
May 08, 2011 04:15AM
You are welcome. ((( Does this mean that you can retire now? )))
May 08, 2011 10:40AM
I recently purchased Tom's video as well & it has already helped me. It taught me how to better eliminate certain high tones from false signals/junk. It is well worth the cost & will be viewed over & over again.
Thanks, Tom
May 08, 2011 01:00PM
Toms writings and videos are an invaluable tool for newbies or oldbies and recommend them highly as quite informative in many aspects of the hobby..
May 08, 2011 01:16PM
Yes indeed Tom. I absolutely CAN retire now if I wish. However, I wouldn't have a buck to my name, my car would probably be repossessed & I'd be living in a box somewhere under a freeway. So, looks like I'll be avoiding that option smiling smiley But hey, at least I still have my 3D to go out with on the weekends, lol.

Two quickies for you Tom...

I tend to baby my detectors (maybe a bit too much), but hey, that's me. Anyways, when I hunt with the 3D, it is normal that some dirt makes it's way into the slots that house the speaker. If I see any collecting in that area I blow it or wipe it away. Am I being fanatical about this, or, is it actually a cause for concern.? Also, what about small amounts of water going in there??
May 09, 2011 01:28AM
The biggest infringement for intrusion is through (and behind) the bottom of the faceplate. . . . . . both for water and dirt. Just be aware of this.....and on precip days (even snow).......you may want to place a zip-loc or plastic bag over the control box.
May 09, 2011 01:43AM
Water/moisture..........of any kind/or potential of.....the control box and LCD/Analog head.........get wrapped in plastic.......and sealed with electrical tape. 30 yr's............never had a fail from moisture or corrosion.