Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Other coil question(s) for Tom, Keith or anyone that knows

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Other coil question(s) for Tom, Keith or anyone that knows
May 16, 2011 02:17PM
Regarding those Minelab 1050 coils on that other post.-----So the 1050 coils were foam filled? (guess they would have to be or they would weigh a ton--even more than they do, if epoxy filled, being so "clubby").------Question is: Some of these coils had labels, "FBS 1050" (I think the earlier ones)---and I think the later ones had labels "Minelab 1050".------What is the difference in these two coils (if any)?----I'm talking about the black coils---the ones that came out after the beige coils on the Explorer XS.------It seems like the black coils labeled "FBS 1050" were "the rage" back then more than the later black 1050 coils.-----Was it just the timing factor when they were released or why the (apparent) more interest in one than the other?------Having written this "book"---my main question:------Is there any difference AT ALL in performance in the two before mentioned black 1050 coils?-------------Thanks, Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2011 02:55PM by D&P-OR.
Re: Other coil question(s) for Tom, Keith or anyone that knows
May 16, 2011 03:07PM
Lets hope the technicians or those with technical knowledge offer their expert opinions..

Myself in laymans terms I felt the 10.5 coil on my first XS was better than later ones I used on the newer Explorer models...
May 17, 2011 02:41AM
I'm not familiar enough with both coils.....to give any input.
May 17, 2011 10:23PM
I dont know myself....... I tried a black 1050 coil on an explorer 2 and it did not seem like the beige coil but the machine was not exactly like the XS so there may of been the difference ?

The slimline coil I did not care for....the Pro coil I like better than that one...

Not really of no help ....

Keith