Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any merit to this?

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any merit to this?
June 02, 2011 02:00PM
I keep hearing this--Some "say" that the Fisher GBSE 2.9 version, "29er" is a hotter & deeper machine than the later GBSE's or Tek G2's.----Is there anything to this?----The first out 2.9 version had to be sent in for the "silver fix"---right?-------Then you also hear that there is no difference in ANY of them (GBSE or G2) except the handle & buttons.-------Which line of thought is right?------If the GB 2.9 is in fact different or "better"---in exactly what way(s) is this true?----------------Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2011 02:17PM by D&P-OR.
Re: Any merit to this?
June 03, 2011 12:45AM
I have a 29er but I can not compare it with the others because I do not have one. I would be glad to check it if someone else has a unit (G2 or Gcool smiley to test also. Just my thoughts are that it seems to be
average on silver but pretty good on small gold. the only gold I have is a .8 gram coin other than rings.

Tom in SC
June 03, 2011 01:03AM
Tom,

What does a silver dollar ID as.......on your GB SE? (Morgan or Peace dollar).
June 03, 2011 05:27PM
I will check it tonight and post the results just to make sure

Tom in SC
June 04, 2011 12:54AM
Morgan dollar hits a solid VID 86. But as depth increases over 6 " the VID starts to drop some. At 11 inches there is no VID but a good strong high tone. I would say that a good reliable depth with VID
will be around 6 or 7"

Tom in SC
June 04, 2011 01:24PM
Good to know............as............some of the earlier units would 'blank out' on a silver dollar. Yours does not pose this problem.