Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Just back from a week in Orlando and got out to Cape Kennedy also

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Just back from a week in Orlando and got out to Cape Kennedy also
June 18, 2011 11:04PM
Spent a week in Orlando and 5 days at Disney world with the family...Man did I spend some cash!!!

But the Kids had a blast!!!!!

Got over to the Cape on Wed...And all of the luck we were heading out to the launch pad to see the Atlantis and the bus got a call on the radio telling us they were fueling and no one was allowed in the area!!!!!! Man that stunk!!!!! they said they would give us a rain check but it was not in the schedule for me.....

Still had a great time out there spent most of the day....If you ever get down that way try out the Shuttle launch Simulator pretty dang wild!!

Guy giving the tour said the next chapter for NASA is they are going to build a ship in orbit and ready it for a trip to Mars by 2030.....

I thought about you while I was down there Tom....Are you able yourself security wise to hunt out on the coastal area???I am sure it is off limit's....ought to be some virgin land out there somewhere to look for spanish wrecks washed up??? Maybe????

all in all it was a great week even got to go to Kellyco and look around and pick up a couple of Items....

Keith
Re: Just back from a week in Orlando and got out to Cape Kennedy also
June 19, 2011 01:46AM
Keith.......you should have given me a holler. I could have acquired Kennedy Space Center tickets for you at half-price.

......There is a known shipwreck off of the coast of KSC........but IR cameras, motion sensors and additional security is too tight.
June 19, 2011 03:18PM
Thanks for the offer Tom!!! It was last minute.....me and my Brother in-law rode over one day mid week while the family rested....Really wanted to see the shuttle on the pad but thats how it goes....

I'll bet the coast along the complex does contain some great treasure's if the security is that tight....

Thanks again for the offer and have a good Father's day!!

Keith
June 19, 2011 03:38PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
but IR cameras, motion sensors and
> additional security is too tight.

I was at the GPS site on the Cape for a week in 2009 and marveled how fast security shows up.

Jim
Noticed the security at the Space center was using Garrett
June 21, 2011 01:56AM
they had the walk through's and the hand wand's by Garrett.....Can't convince them to step up the security Tom!!!!!!!

Just Kidding.....

Keith
Re: Noticed the security at the Space center was using Garrett
June 21, 2011 12:14PM
I noticed that too.