Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This ought to tell you something:

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
This ought to tell you something:
June 29, 2011 03:33PM
Hunted this old field that used to be an entrance to a closed amusement park this spring with several top of the line units and only picked up shallow clad..Stands to reason as been hunted by hundreds of detectorists over the years..
Last night went swinging with the CZ5 and in a half hour before the rain pulled 2 wheaties from the 20's and a 40's silver dime at 7-10 inch depths..Guess experience counts as I have used a CZ one model or the other since 92 and my experience with other units were far less so time to stick with what I know as old technology or not CZ's work for me...Certainly not knocking the other units as I have done well with them with deep silver as well and guess it was just one of those days. Again whatever works new or old technolgy...and lets hope Fisher keeps the CZ line with the CZ3D or perhaps even gives us a 1-100 meter version if thats possible...
Re: This ought to tell you something:
June 29, 2011 05:30PM
I'd love to see a CZ3D with TID Display which still has the same performance and stability characteristics as an original CZ3D. Soon time to send my CZ3D down to Tom...was about to send it last fall but life happened and I never go around to it....Tom...if you're readin' this...you can expect a shipment at the end of the Northern diggin' season. Sorry to get off topic...but if you re-read some of the CZ3D "a Canadian Perspective" posts you'll remember that my unit seemed to be a bit out of whack.
June 29, 2011 08:30PM
"New Technology" does not necessarily constitute "better performance". After 20+ years...........the CZ is still THE 'benchmark' for coin hunting. If I knew of a better coin hunting unit..........I would dump all of my CZ's......and jump ship. Dave Johnson built a legacy....that continues to trump.

JeffNS........when ever you are ready......just holler.
June 29, 2011 08:50PM
Yep. I have a CZ5 & a CZ3D. I have a silver dime buried exactly 10" deep in my front yard, & the soil is hard packed. Both detectors will pick it up, but the CZ3D gets a little better signal . HARD to beat the old CZ's. We refer to them as " old technology, but look at the C-130, B-52, & 747 airplanes.
June 29, 2011 09:49PM
Nice post and point Dan. I admit I get caught up in the hoopla of the newest units, technology and what not. I also (happily) have to admit that after using my Omega 8000 quite a bit I really started to understand what it was telling me better. Just from my little snippet into the world of my machines sounds, it's pretty clear that a good machine with lots of experience behind it will absolutely TRUMP a great machine with minimal or medium level experience (ok, I guess that might depend on the machine with the latter.)

I'm still looking at the Dues and V3i. I would be really curious to see how hard the V3i hits some of the test garden coins mentioned in the threads. I don't know if people are exaggerating but the V3i (complexity and all) sure seems to be pulling deep coins quite regularly. My Omega 8000 has seemed to top out at around 8" or so, so I know another machine would do me well on some productive areas.