Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone see this on Good Morning America today???

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone see this on Good Morning America today???
July 14, 2011 07:20PM
[abcnews.go.com]

Tom in SC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 07:20PM by tmanly.
Re: Anyone see this on Good Morning America today???
July 14, 2011 08:18PM
Missed it ..........but what a nice advertisement for the local metal detector dealer.
July 14, 2011 09:42PM
i dont ljke shows like that, it get people thinking get rich quick.
July 14, 2011 10:24PM
There was a big write-up on that diamond guy in the NY newspaper last week. It said he makes a few thousand bucks a week sometimes. And those two metal detecting guys actually put out a line of videos called 'Extreme Metal Detecting'. I bought one as a lark a while back but didn't care for it as they mixed a lot of horseplay and 'humor' into the video instead of just hardcore, get-to-the-point hunting. I think kellyco sells them though. Thanks for posting the video!
July 14, 2011 11:43PM
Talk about thinking outside of the box. I have to hand it to the sidewalk guy. Word's out now,,,, N.Y. will have the cleanest sidewalks in the country and lawsuits out the wazoo from people falling over gem seachers.
July 15, 2011 09:47PM
My cousin was a mailman for 35 years.....best he ever found was a small diamond ring but indeed paper money up to 20 bucks and lots of loose change over the years all eyeball finds....Heck found a large cent still in the wrapper probably bought at a coin show myself and I know when my grown daughter was just a pre schooler never left the mall without a find or two...her best a 5 dollar bill...So seek and ye shall find and heres a tip when hunting a park hunt against the sun as found a couple of nice gold chains(eyeball) as they reflect the light towards you and make them easier to see...actually heard of homeless people that check various fences adjacent to parks for paper money as they know the way the wind blows..heck I could do better working at Mickey D's than swinging a detector so just a hobby to me and have given away some nice gold items to friends and family members and got a lot of exercise
along the way building memories and making friends...
July 16, 2011 11:10AM
I wonder if a lot of people were scratching sidewalk cracks , later. Some may wind up getting kicked out of the way !
Tri
July 16, 2011 01:26PM
I couldn't get the video to play, I did find the sidewalk guy....said he's been doin this since 1984..... I had to scroll down mid page....

( [www.stumbleupon.com] )

Tri
July 16, 2011 02:15PM
Its been a couple of days, the site may not keep stories up very long.

Sorry
Tom in SC
Tri
July 16, 2011 03:09PM
tmanly, the link is still up, I had to turn my pop-up blocker off, excellent human interest story, and to me especially the young guys using metal detectors............in order to keep metal detecting alive, us not so young, need to pass the interest and keep it for the next generation...

Thanks for posting !!

Tri
July 16, 2011 07:52PM
I'll stick to the dirt/sand. I admire the man's tenacity though.