Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rutus Jupiter

Posted by marxionu 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Rutus Jupiter
July 15, 2011 06:25PM
Re: Rutus Jupiter
July 15, 2011 10:02PM
Cosmetically looks like an XLT perhaps a U.S.A. distributor will pick up...(((so many detectors so little time))) comes to mind...watch a video of a planted hunt across the waters and you will see a few you never seen before..certainly looks interesting for sure....

PS: if one of these ever went down....do expect some serious downtime.....I would think...
July 15, 2011 11:55PM
Is it just me, or do European detector companies seem to come and go like summer fashions. From what I can tell, there's been very few companies to hang around to a second or third generation of machines. Who are the big players across the pond?
July 16, 2011 05:43AM
XP, Golden Mask, Minelab. Golden Mask is a blast.

[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]
July 16, 2011 02:48PM
It would be cool to have these in the US and have them fixed here..I think there are more of the US detectors on the other side of the pond then what we have access to?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 16, 2011 07:28PM
It works better for us monotone and very fast recovery speed machine. Minimal discrimination. You must dig everything anyway. Every good signal could be treasure.
July 16, 2011 07:45PM
I emailed Gary a few weeks ago to buy his short V3i book (which is very very good.) and he mentioned a new detector was coming out. He mentioned it is excellent in iron and probably gets the depth of my Omega (after I mentioned it to him). After reading his book on the V3i and checking his website out, I trust the guy's opinion when it comes to detectors.
July 16, 2011 09:27PM
V3 is a toy compared to XP or Golden Mask.
July 16, 2011 09:37PM
marxionu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> V3 is a toy compared to XP or Golden Mask.

I don't know about that and on many different levels. Please point me to the tests (You often say one liners without any facts). I've spoken to guys who have used the Deus and V3i and the V3i did very well in iron, kept up with the Deus. For all purposes the Deus is in the same area as the detectors you mentioned, though probably better. Yeah, you have to set up the V3i though, clearly the Deus is faster to use. On depth, the V3i smacks down all of XP's detectors and it's not even close.

edit - I hunt mostly prairies so the iron isn't as bad as in plowed. The extra depth of the V3i is important to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 09:39PM by earthmansurfer.
July 16, 2011 10:26PM
Put the hammered coins there and V3 is useless. But this is what we hunt. US dime is a giant vs viking age silver hammered. And its a totally different hunt, we must dig foil and pulltab range to get them. So we need monotone fast and deep machine with minimal discrimination.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 10:34PM by marxionu.
July 17, 2011 01:42PM
marxionu Wrote:
> Put the hammered coins there and V3 is useless.
> But this is what we hunt. US dime is a giant vs
> viking age silver hammered. And its a totally
> different hunt, we must dig foil and pulltab range
> to get them. So we need monotone fast and deep
> machine with minimal discrimination.

I hunt hammereds and I find them with my Omega 8000 too. The V3i is finding plenty of hammereds in iron just like many detectors do. I'm in Germany and got the detector for hammereds also (but not only). I really don't know where you get your information from. I would say the Deus is great on hammereds but the V3i has done very very well on them as well. It is known as a very very sensitive detector on small items (coins and jewelery). And you can run 3 frequencies at once which has it's advantages, not to mention best data or correlate data, advanced iron functions, etc. I still might get a Deus in the future...

You speak in extremes and this website has lots of people giving data to support their comments. All that I ask is to back what you say up, otherwise it's like a pissing contest.
July 17, 2011 04:50PM
Ok you are right.
July 17, 2011 08:41PM
I say to each his or her own. We all hunt for the love of finding history or just the high of reaching back into the past with a machine in our hands. And each machine can be used differently. It seems some areas are harder to hunt and ground can really make or break a hunt. I have been playing around with my friends V3i.

Having used the G2 for almost a year now I find it hard to match for my type of relic hunting. I have found that the V3 has so much to program that it easy to over program it. But I see all you can do on that machine and so you want to start to change things in the hopes you find the right or perfect program and make the machine do things your other machine can't.

I am starting to realize that it is nice to have different machines to hunt with and maybe the V3i is a machine that has a lot of ways to program it so it is like carrying a few detectors all in one unit?

I really like the V3i for turf hunting but it is a lot of money to spend on a turf machine. I find all the ways you can look at a target before you dig it really just slows me down. It is a cool way to look at a target but not enough info for me to dig or not dig.

It does help with crown caps but is no help on gold and trash...this is where it would be so cool to see a machine help us. Anyone that can design a machine that can help in a way that gold, pull tabs and trash can have a different reading then gold and it helps us would sell a ton of machines.

But we have all said that it won't happen but would love to see it happen. As I have said before the machine you are using has to see what is in the ground for you to dig or not dig it! Sometimes when you start to disc out too many targets you are cheating yourself out of some great finds. But with the ground being as trashy as it is we have to find a happy medium?

So for now it is fun playing around with the V3i my friend is going to sell it at some point but I think it is a well balanced machine and if you can learn how to teak it you have a really great way to hunt almost anywhere. I am still wondering how Tek and Fisher program so much into their codes to make a detectors do so much with very little programing for the user. It seems they kind of did it all in one light, fast machine.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 17, 2011 09:40PM
marxionu Wrote:
> Ok you are right.

I don't mean it in derogatory way, but instead of talking like a child with "OK you are right", why don't you just give some facts, examples or statistics? I want the best machine for my area, not to win an argument on which machine is better.

I found two hammered Counting pfennings the first time out with the V3i. A man in England who I've been in contact with has found cut quarters in iron. Clearly it's sensitive, but the question is how sensitive is it in iron? I don't have a problem saying the Deus is better for hammereds as it's probably faster. BTW I ain't digging dimes, I'm in Germany.
July 17, 2011 10:45PM
sorry! a little off topic, but does anyone know if there is a North American distributor for the Deus or Golden Mask?

Thanks
July 17, 2011 10:58PM
Perhaps someone with access to both machines can do a head to head field test. It's obvious that both of these units are excellent high level detectors.
A video of the tests would be great......along with a description of settings used on each unit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 11:06PM by TerraDigger.
July 18, 2011 11:07AM
July 18, 2011 11:59AM
turtleman Wrote:
> sorry! a little off topic, but does anyone know if
> there is a North American distributor for the Deus
> or Golden Mask?
>
> Thanks

Unfortunately there is only one that was mentioned here on this forum. The prices have gone up on the Deus in America, as the first few sold were sold at below cost to create a presence or the like. The big problem is the exchange rate.

[www.metaldetector.cc]
July 18, 2011 02:21PM
I can ship it to US

[www.metallidetektor.ee]
July 18, 2011 03:29PM
marxionu Wrote:
> I can ship it to US
>
> [www.metallidetektor.ee]

That is a damn good price. Seriously, I might buy one from you. Just give me a bit more time to learn my V3i. How much to ship to Germany and what is the method of payment? Is there a wait for getting the language in English?

The Deus is around 1450 Euro in Germany, the V3i about 1550 but I got one out of the UK for 1200 Euro. Oddly enough, the Deus in the UK runs around 1600 Euro!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 03:31PM by earthmansurfer.
July 18, 2011 04:36PM
earthmansurfer Wrote:
Is there a way for getting the language in English?

Yes, just copy the web adress to the google seach and use the translation option from the right side to translate the website language to English.
July 18, 2011 04:50PM
July 18, 2011 05:07PM
Hi

What about the Gold Mask 3+ and the Gold Mask Pulse unit. Is the pulse available with just the coil and not the big frame?
Are the owner manuals in English?
How much to ship to Canada?

Thanks
Tom
July 18, 2011 05:15PM
turtleman Wrote:
> Hi
>
> What about the Gold Mask 3+ and the Gold Mask
> Pulse unit. Is the pulse available with just the
> coil and not the big frame?
> Are the owner manuals in English?

The Golden mask pulse unit comes with the big coil and the big frame.

My Golden mask 3 came with English owner manual and the English language written in the manual is a little broken, but you can understand it just fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2011 05:17PM by Etsija82.
July 18, 2011 05:39PM
Etsija82 Wrote:
> earthmansurfer Wrote:
> Is there a way for getting the language in
> English?
>
> Yes, just copy the web adress to the google seach
> and use the translation option from the right side
> to translate the website language to English.

Thanks but you misunderstood me. The Deus comes in one language, it's not user adjustable. E.g. In Germany to get it in English takes another 3 weeks to order it. So, I wondered if they use it in English or ???
July 19, 2011 04:22AM
Language is english and shipping to germany i tell you tomorrow, i m out of house. We are EU countryes so no taxes. Paypal and major cards are is accepted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2011 04:24AM by marxionu.