Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tuned CZ

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tuned CZ
July 20, 2011 08:57PM
I have a CZ 3D on its way . I am sure this has been written, but other than depth
how do i know if its in tune .Thanks Mike
Re: Tuned CZ
July 21, 2011 07:23PM
I guess I will try an answer this one. Old nickels like v and Buffalo's that have come out of the ground with some patina to them that read foil in salt mode should read nickel high tone in enhanced mode. And Indians that have a heavy patina that read sqaure pull tab in salt mode should read high tone zinc in enhanced mode,the same as a 5 dollar gold piece which a lot of people don't have on hand to check with so you can use a Indian penny with enough patina to make it hit sqaure pull tab in salt mode. I'm sure there are other tests,But these are the ones I use other than depth.
July 21, 2011 08:37PM
I understand tuning a CZ requires many checkpoints and Tom will have to pop in for a technical answer to basically put you on the right track to check from a laymans view....I will say if you are not getting the proper depth
or articles are not coming in where they should meter wise time to PM Tom. Have to say for basically user friendly from the get go CZ3D is misunderstood by many and surely the depth issue is overplayed as when is the last time some one asked or ran depth tests for an Explorer, XLT, GTI etc. etc....as that seems to be the name of the game on a CZ....which is as deep or deeper than most coil for coil on the market...
July 22, 2011 12:01AM
The CZ-3D that I just sent Tom would air test a clad dime at close to 11''. This is good enough for me,But the problem was at that depth the signal was smeared and not crisp and sharp like it should be. Also the catogorys were off,old nickels that would read foil in salt mode would still hit foil in enhanced mode with the corresponding tone.And deep silver hits would bounce from zinc to high coin also. That's why I shipped it to Tom.
July 22, 2011 12:51PM
Good move as it seems something is out of whack...and am sure Tom will get it purring.

One of the main objectives is to get the old coins in advanced mode thus the shield and V nickles which read lower should come in at nickle in enhanced mode and either foil or foil to nickle bounce in regular(salt) mode..As far as really deep coins all bets are off as they may be on the fringe of the detection field and may read low but although
deep they still give that familiar ring to a trained ear although the familiar ring will be quite low audio wise.
July 22, 2011 07:48PM
That's why your Dan,Dan,The CZ man!