Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First 15in DD review

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First 15in DD review
March 12, 2011 03:13PM
Just saw the first review, keeping in mind thy sell detectors and coils.

T2 @ 60 All Metal 3 to 6 inch gain over 11 DD on Nickels to Walking half dollars.
With larger coins getting the larger gains.

I will add this T2 was not or did not have boost mode where
Dave J said this coil would shine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 03:45PM by gman.
Re: First 15in DD review
March 12, 2011 04:25PM
Where is the full review?
March 12, 2011 05:09PM
One of my concerns is; I am hoping that this large coil will (at least) be able to detect a half-dime to the same depths as the standard 11" DD coil............and .............. obviously.........coins (and other targets) that are larger in size...........to even greater depths.
March 12, 2011 06:43PM
It's interesting that they tested it in all metal mode, I don't know how many people routinely hunt in AM.

It's going to fun to see how the results with this coil unfolds - how about hunting in static all metal mode? Better yet, how about hunting in static all mode with the boost process enabled smiling smiley

I'm mostly interested to see how it hunts in disc mode with the boost process enabled, and how well it does with smaller silver (although I wouldn't complain one bit about finding larger silver at depth!). I can imagine some unreal depths in the AM mode variants, but the few times I've hunted in AM mode in the past didn't last long, it was just too much, but maybe I need to revisit it at the right spots.

Looking forward to testing this bad boy out!

Brian