Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Northern California

Posted by jlaff 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Northern California
August 08, 2011 06:03AM
Hi,
Looking at detectors for Northern California beaches. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was looking at Fisher CZ-21, but was told it wouldn't be a good choice for the beaches out here. Is that true?
I want something that can go from dry to wet sand and maybe waist deep. No diving. waterproof would be a plus. Not interested in a PP machine. I already have one.
Thanks
Re: Northern California
August 08, 2011 12:11PM
Heavy mineralization including black sand on many N. Cal beaches.
The only machine I can use that will get a little depth is a Pulse induction machine.
August 08, 2011 01:24PM
I think a CZ 21 with 8 inch coil may be a good bet. You can run it in all metal in the wet sand where beaches are heavily mineralized, switch to discriminate mode for the dry sand. The reason I say 8 inch coil is, I think that coil is the best overall coil for a CZ. Just my opinion. It's super easy to pin point ( without using the pin point button), easier to swing, easier to get the coil in the hole to poke around, sensitive to smaller targets, etc.

With that coil, ground balancing to the black sand areas maybe easier as well.

Only other VLF I can think of that will be as good or better,that is waterproof, is an Excal.
August 08, 2011 02:33PM
Thanks for the input. I want to check out the CZ, it looks like a nice unit.
August 08, 2011 03:55PM
We have hunted the SF area with CZ3 on the dry sand and in wet areas..I know you can't get the CZ3 wet at least on the housing but yeah there is no problem with our beaches and any machine you use that has more then one freq...stick with Fisher they are still the best

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2011 02:28PM by Lawrenzo.
August 08, 2011 09:57PM
That's good to know. I was wondering about the beaches around here. And by the way, I'm enjoying my G-2 that I got a while back after watching your videos. I love it!
August 09, 2011 12:56AM
jlaff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> Looking at detectors for Northern California
> beaches. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was
> looking at Fisher CZ-21, but was told it wouldn't
> be a good choice for the beaches out here. Is
> that true?
> I want something that can go from dry to wet sand
> and maybe waist deep. No diving. waterproof would
> be a plus. Not interested in a PP machine. I
> already have one.
> Thanks

I don't have any problems using my CZ-70 at NorCal beaches, so the CZ-21 shoudl be as capable.

If you're not looking for diving, the CZ-70 is an excellent alternative because it is splash and rain proof (I can attest to both of these attributes), and it's also an excellent turf hunter as well. The addition of the Sunray 12.5" coil will also cover a lot more ground then the CZ-21 coil.
August 09, 2011 03:23AM
I was hoping Low-Boy & Cal would answer this questionsmiling smiley