Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why is gold taking a dive

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Why is gold taking a dive
August 24, 2011 05:56PM
And other metals dropping fast
Re: Why is gold taking a dive
August 24, 2011 06:03PM
Not saying this is the reason, but a part of it is that volatility drives people out of stocks and metals. It also stops people from using margin (not even sure if you can do that with metal stocks anyway) as you will get "called" to deposit more money. It may sound conspirational but after being in the stock market and seeing the manipulation again and again, I don't discount it.

On a much more sound level, I think this is a sign of the times. Look at the world. Look at how much gold has gone up in the last 10 years, last few months, last week or so. Going down is no alarm at all, it often seems to follow moving averages if you follow charts (People probably make this a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy also.)

There is a tidbit, but you can write a book on this one question...
August 24, 2011 08:04PM
I don't think its volatility. Not be a conspiratist either. Simply the elite powers to be in the banking/financial world do not deem it beneficial for them at the moment to have worthless U.S./European paper completely tank. I would say its manipulation, not volatility.
August 24, 2011 08:50PM
The populace is generally comprised of sheep. One sheep turns and the next sheep follows (that's why one good sheep dog can turn a hundred head)....before you know it, the entire flock is on a road to somewhere...but where? Gold was played the same way.....as soon as EVERYONE was talking about buying gold (including G.Gordon Liddy on the infomercial) it was too late. The old playbook is open...drive the masses into believing something...hype it..sell it....then take your profit and bail out before they do and turn your profit. Then hype the next thing....maybe its emerging markets again, maybe its energy, maybe pork bellies...there will be a next new thing YOU HAVE to buy. And the media plays drama queen all over this stuff...and you fall for it.

One more thing about precious metal. For those of you who believe in Armageddon, do you really think I'm going to come to your house and forcibly take your gold and silver? And in Armageddon do you really think some metal will be the standard by which all trade is conducted???? THINK ABOUT IT....you can't eat metal. You need FOOD, WATER and ENERGY to survive. That's the 3 things I'm busting in your front door for...NOT some coins in your safe. A can of Campbell's soup would be worth more than all the gold in the world if you and your family were starved......

gotta go...just saw an infomercial on flipping houses for profit! wow...looks interesting.........................
August 24, 2011 09:31PM
"gotta go...just saw an infomercial on flipping houses for profit! wow...looks interesting........................."

LOL........keep up that sardonic sense of humor Bob...........its not lost on mesmiling smiley
August 24, 2011 11:18PM
Peoples 'jitters'.

Remember: Up or Down........... profit will be made. The larger the swing/span.... the more profit made!
August 29, 2011 11:14AM
FloridaBob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The populace is generally comprised of sheep. One
> sheep turns and the next sheep follows (that's why
> one good sheep dog can turn a hundred
> head)....before you know it, the entire flock is
> on a road to somewhere...but where? Gold was
> played the same way.....as soon as EVERYONE was
> talking about buying gold (including G.Gordon
> Liddy on the infomercial) it was too late. The
> old playbook is open...drive the masses into
> believing something...hype it..sell it....then
> take your profit and bail out before they do and
> turn your profit. Then hype the next
> thing....maybe its emerging markets again, maybe
> its energy, maybe pork bellies...there will be a
> next new thing YOU HAVE to buy. And the media
> plays drama queen all over this stuff...and you
> fall for it.
>
> One more thing about precious metal. For those of
> you who believe in Armageddon, do you really think
> I'm going to come to your house and forcibly take
> your gold and silver? And in Armageddon do you
> really think some metal will be the standard by
> which all trade is conducted???? THINK ABOUT
> IT....you can't eat metal. You need FOOD, WATER
> and ENERGY to survive. That's the 3 things I'm
> busting in your front door for...NOT some coins in
> your safe. A can of Campbell's soup would be
> worth more than all the gold in the world if you
> and your family were starved......
>
> gotta go...just saw an infomercial on flipping
> houses for profit! wow...looks
> interesting.........................

Bust in my front door and you will find more than a can of Campbell"s smiling smiley
August 29, 2011 02:28PM
That's the right answer Erikk.......its the neighborly thing to do.
August 29, 2011 09:15PM
because like the banks, housing, credit cards and student loans, the bubble is popping, did you ever hear "if it looks to good, it aint good" buy USA land