Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Found new camp w/F75LTD (video)

Posted by kcsteve 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Found new camp w/F75LTD (video)
September 07, 2011 02:34AM
Spent 3 or 4 hours on site, no eye poppers yet just regular camp stuff. Thanks for watching and ya'll have a great week!

[www.youtube.com]

kcsteve
Re: Found new camp w/F75LTD (video)
September 07, 2011 10:00AM
Very professional again. Absolutely correct about finding high concentrations of iron. I know I've mentioned this before; yet, it's worth repeating again. Yesteryear...... I would run from the iron. Now,,,, I run TO the iron. Nearly all of your good finds will be in the highest iron concentration areas. This is where the most human foot-travel/habitation took place; subsequently, where the most drops/losses took place. Yesteryear....... detectors could not handle the iron. Now....... with the advent of the elliptical DD coil coupled with much faster microprocessors....... we are JUST starting to be able to hunt in the iron infested areas...... and can "adjacent target separate" and/or unmask a few percent of the non-ferrous targets.

Your narration at the end of the video..... regarding the iron implements....... and the plethora of non-metallic items found...... is spot-on.

Once again.... it is amazing to look at a big open field of 'nothing'; yet, 100 or 200 years ago, major activity took place on a daily basis. Certainly NOT visible to today's naked-eye. The detector will 'light-up' yesteryear.
Re: Found new camp w/F75LTD (video)
September 07, 2011 03:07PM
Excellent job as always Steve. Much appreciated by your viewer fan base. Looking forward to your next adventure.