Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fast swing versus slow swing...

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fast swing versus slow swing...
September 07, 2011 08:04PM
Indeed the F series is a fast swing unit and being a slow swinger favor the CZ or Explorer which are slow swing units..

Learned this over the years when my partner of 8 years was a fast swing XLT guru and kept me hopping with my slow swing CZ...end of season our pile of silver coins wasn't much different as I got them a little deeper and he covered more ground....
Re: Fast swing versus slow swing...
September 08, 2011 05:42AM
Its whatever works best for you,your machine,ground and physical abilities.the end goal get the treasure and have a good time.
September 08, 2011 09:58AM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Indeed the F series is a fast swing unit and being
> a slow swinger favor the CZ or Explorer which are
> slow swing units..
>
> Learned this over the years when my partner of 8
> years was a fast swing XLT guru and kept me
> hopping with my slow swing CZ...end of season our
> pile of silver coins wasn't much different as I
> got them a little deeper and he covered more
> ground....

Too bad you didn't give him some pointers, Dan. He must've missed a LOT of stuff over the years by moving so quick. I'm surprised he found anything at all. Even if the machine is a 'quick one', the unit needs time to transmit it's signal into the ground and read what's there...this takes time. Going to fast, not only does one lose many targets, but, also loses depth. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, lol.
September 08, 2011 04:10PM
Good advice not talking about super fast but moderately fast and well after we went thru an area didn't leave much.
Also proved to me that XLT's go deep as seen him pull 8 inch silver dimes with the whites 5.3 coil and knowing your unit certainly counts. Now with an Explorer or CZ slow down of course as they are a different beast...