Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Greetings!!!

Posted by Flyingtiger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Greetings!!!
September 10, 2011 10:02PM
G,day to all!!!
Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and comment on this forums incredibly beneficial information. I am a retired Army Helicopter Pilot who has always had an interest in Medal Detecting yet lacked available time to pursue this venture; until recently. Upon retirement I replaced my passion for flying with a metal detecting passion. I must say that it has been a very stimulating endeavor thus far. My initial learning curve was steep but, as with most learning, a combination of studying and practical exercises produce incremental growth and proficiency. The past six months have been very successful for me but I have a long way to go and I believe that this forum will help round out my knowledge base in a significant manner.

I am very impressed with the several threads I have explored in this forum and have payed particular attention to the threads regarding the Fisher F75 since I just ordered an SE a few days ago. The new machine will supplement my current mid-grade machine. I did look at several high end machines but in the end I was fatally attracted to the features and capabilities of the F75SE; just could not shake the allure even when reading the not-so-flattering reports that some users have posted on the internet. I do, in fact, appreciate the shared experiences of F75 owners/technical experts, on this site, as it will certainly assist me in learning the machine's language and successfully employing it.

Once again; g'day to all, and I look forward to participating in this high-end forum.
Steve
HH
Re: Greetings!!!
September 10, 2011 11:08PM
Welcome.. a great forum that is not brand specific and lots of knowlegable people that aren't afraid to share.
Retired 20 years ago and been swinging ever since even though at 73 my time in the feel is limited and like to add layman info as have no technical skills...Feel free to post and expect good answers both from a technical and laymans view..
September 10, 2011 11:38PM
Glad you are aboard Steve. Like Dan-Pa said this is a great place to learn from people who are hands on in the field and also at the work bench. Good place to start the day and unwind in the evening. Many years of detecting experience on this forum, have a blast.
September 10, 2011 11:45PM
Just want to say "welcome" and this is an awesome site with a huge family! Looking forward to your posts.
September 11, 2011 02:06AM
Welcome to the family Steve and Thank You for your many years of service.
September 11, 2011 05:47AM
Steve, welcome. Time permitting...... you may find interest in the following forum threads:

COMPILATION #1
COMPILATION #2
Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD Prototype

There are plenty more; yet, this is a good place to start. Also........ on the home-page of this web-site ....... there are plenty of other articles of "F75" interest.

If there's any consolation: I am a pilot........own an airplane; yet, metal detecting FAR exceeds (out-trumps) the urge to go flying. It is that innate 'thrill-of-discovery' that piques my interest.
September 11, 2011 10:48AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and regards. I reviewed many other forums prior to literally stumbling across this one and must say that this assemblage just naturally resonated with me. Dan-PA; does the "PA" indicate your State of residence? I myself am in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; South of Pittsburgh. I have noticed this forum has a pleasent blend of techno terms and laymen's language. Very beneficial for all levels. Ozzie and Shultzie; thanks for the greeting and I will certainly explore the wealth of information embedded within. FloridaBob; thank you for your greeting as well, I thoroughly enjoyed by 28 year military career but must say that we (servicemen/women) truly appreciate the support we received from all the Patriots of this great country. That support honestly fueled (motivated) us to achieve unprecedented levels of operational excellence and still does. NASA-Tom; thank you for the leads on specific threads. The marathon thread "Rcpt Ack of F75 LTD Prototype" was definitely the trigger for me joining this forum. So much amazing information from so many contibutors. It was fascinating and incredibly enlightening; I will dive into the Compilation threads ASAP. Must say that your institutional knowledge is simply amazing. I totally agree with you regarding the innate thrill of discovery; that's what drives my actions as well. Flying; as you know, possesses a specific allure however MD has an addictive quality that exceeds the need for speed...my wife does not quite understand MD's appeal as a substitute to flying but my rationalization to her is this; as a helicopter gunship pilot I spent over 20 years projecting metal bits into this earth; now...its time to start pulling metal back out....albeit slightly higher grade metals...
Great to make everyones acquaintance; HH
Steve