Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Cz3D Hipmount

Posted by Beach 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Cz3D Hipmount
October 01, 2011 08:51PM
Hipmounted the CZ today, what a sweet setup, headphone cord is completely out of the way and this thing weighs less than my Vaquero. I could only hunt an hour today, but at this weight I think I could go for hours. I used an ammo pouch I got at the surplus store. Just had to punch a round hole in the bottom for the connector, it has loops for belt mounting. Total cost was $14, don't have a picture, but here is a link for the pouch. [www.condoroutdoor.com] If you want black the # is MA2-002

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2011 08:52PM by Beach.
Re: Cz3D Hipmount
October 01, 2011 10:23PM
Something wrong with the hipmount attachment on the unit as one of the best in the business????
I can certainly see the need in inclement weather or perhaps a saltwater beach but on the whole????
Why fix what ain't broke comes to mind....
October 01, 2011 11:14PM
I wondered the same thing, you just put a belt through the mount that's on the bottom of the control box. It has to be there, it's the other half of the rod mount.
October 02, 2011 02:45AM
I tried hanging it directly on my belt and it tilted out a bit, and the bracket dug into my side a bit. I also wanted more protection from the elements, especially blowing sand at the beach.
October 02, 2011 12:46PM
Hipmounting takes some time to get used to and thanks for the headsup, a bag for the Sov. works well also..
Personally liked to use it on a beach as seemed more comfortable with floral shovel in left hand and control box never came near the sand as it would in a rodmount. Make sure you leave some slack in wire so you don't put pressure where the coil attaches to the control box lest you have coil problems. Years above one company used to make hipmount bags but think they went out of business. Anything you wear on your belt is going to make it tough to keep the pants ups and some guys wear suspenders and Fisher does make a chestmount but I believe its for the digital CZ's as the hipmount on that unit certainly wasn't as good as the hipmount on the analog CZ series.
Am sure some our fellows use their own type of bag as over the years have seen several setups. Whatever works
is my motto and that nasty corrosive sand can be a problem case or not.